Chinos...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Europe's Finest, Mar 24, 2002.

1. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

They're both more than fine. PS I have Incotex, but like the BB Milano as well.

2. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

lol
    i didn't even notice the original post date until you mentioned it

i love my land's end canvas chino pants for $15 each (discount on top of sale price)
    but i may end up slimming the legs just a little bit

3. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

FTFY. I really don't like the BB non-iron shirts but I do like the similarly treated Lightweight Advantage Milanos. Of course, neither makes me break out though.

4. newyorknoir

newyorknoir Senior member

Hmm, maybe I'll swing by a Brooks Bros and try on the Milano fit.. The problem is that I usually don't break out right away.. I may even purchase a pair just to see if it happens again.. They are on sale, so I have less to lose and more to gain (potentially).. I guess.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  5. md2010

md2010 Senior member

I have been eying on Dress chinos for a while now. Those 2 looks great. Mr porter and Barneys has some great looking dress chinos. But not really have that much cash to spend $300+ on chinos.
    I keep an eye on yoox as some times they have quality dress chinos under $100.
    Don’t laugh…. Asos has cotton/satin (mild sheen)chinos under $50. Thinking of trying them on.

6. newyorknoir

Like I said, I know some pretty respectable dressers and successful men who have chinos from Gap.. I think it's more about your style than your wallet.. If you're wearing chinos and a polo to a friendly gathering on the patio that's a classic and safe look regardless of the price.. Aside from the fact that around $50 (more or less) isn't that cheap, I'd say it's pretty normal for what most people probably spend. If you like the pants, I'd say go for it!

7. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

I qualify as a pretty respectable dresser and I wear dockers (The D2 fit). I could never justify over $50 for cotton twill pants, nor would I ever be willing to pay to dry clean them.

Khakis are supposed to be made of sturdy fabric, and they're supposed to be low maintenance. Throw in the washer and dryer, and iron. Buying ones made from superfine cottons that require delicate care defeats the point quite thoroughly.

8. TomTom

TomTom Well-Known Member

Chinos are usaly quite a minefield of styles and fits so you just have to find what suits you best. I have found Banana Republic are a very good fit for me and the price is Ok as well.But if you are planing to spend a little more then Brooks Brothers and here in London Cordings(best chinos I have ever owned)

9. jt10000

jt10000 Senior member

@newyorknoir - If one (1) of their shirts caused a problem, I don't see how you can swear off the entire brand.

Good you are taking another look.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  10. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

nobody says you have to get the wrinkle free or non-iron chinos. they have regular ones also.

11. GBR

GBR Senior member

Brand, colour, classic or trendy.

YOU are wearing them, no one here so YOU really had better go and try some on and determine how YOU would like people to see you.

12. GBR

GBR Senior member

The Yves Saint Laurent pair does not have a button on the left back pocket. Reason in itself not to consider them in my preferences.

13. newyorknoir

The description for the non-iron Milano cut is the same as the description for the regular chinos—they are both specially treated to resist wrinkles.. I can't find any Milano cut on the website aside from wrinkle free or non-iron.

14. newyorknoir

so how much time and money would I have to spend before I can swear off the entire brand?

but seriously, if these chinos don't work out I see no reason to go back.. I'll keep you guys posted, I guess..

15. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

Well at least we answered the OPs question.