chinois/khaki pant colours

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by elliottchow, Oct 15, 2009.

1. elliottchow

elliottchow Senior member

I know there is a thread regarding what colours are best for chinois, however, ive used the search function many times and havnt managed to dig out that old thread. I was wondering who could recommend what the best colours would be for chinois and khaki pants, perferably wearing both nights out and at the office.

2. Drydis Greis

Drydis Greis Senior member

I personally wear British Khaki, Khaki, or Brown. Wear what makes you feel comfortable.

3. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

Wear what's appropriate and looks good on you. That could be the colors above. However, with a solid white shirt and no jacket, pants that are very light-colored or dark brown usually don't look right. Ditto dark brown pants with a solid white shirt and a black jacket (for evening wear). It's generally not a good idea to rely heavily on work clothing for social events.

4. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

Wear what's appropriate and looks good on you. That could be the colors above. However, with a solid white shirt and no jacket, pants that are very light-colored or dark brown usually don't look right. Ditto dark brown pants with a solid white shirt and a black jacket (for evening wear). It's generally not a good idea to rely heavily on work clothing for social events.

This has to be one of the dumbest posts ever.

5. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

It's meant to help, not insult for mysterious reasons. [insert Rodney Dangerfield routine about treatment as compared to other industry people on the site]

6. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Chinois pants?

My suggestion would be bright red and gold.

- B