1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Chinese Top End Shoes?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sean Archer, May 11, 2012.

1. Sean Archer

Sean Archer Senior member

hahaha

2. Sean Archer

Sean Archer Senior member

I still laugh at Japanese and Korean cars. I think people who buy them here in Canada are idiots. I drive a Lincoln MKX made right here in Ontario.

3. habanos

habanos Senior member

Sean, Pediwear carries a brand that is Chinese called Kangnai. I have no experience with them but they look better than the Chinese shoes I see here in the states.

4. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

A lot of those 'foreign' cars are made in North America. Toyota has plants all over the US, at least.

And I'm sure the people rolling past the snowbank you're stuck in with Subarus think you're the idiot. Or the people driving a Toyota with 50k more miles on it than your Lincoln will ever reach.

Until very recently, most US cars were junk compared to a lot of foreign makes.

5. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

They love Lincoln branded cars here, made in China of course. Ford has a huge presence in China, as does GM and Chrysler. Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Hyundai etc, they all have plants all over the world, Car making is very much a global business these days.

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  6. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

In Ontario to.

Buick is the closest thing to a Canadian make left. Even to make that claim takes a lot of imagination.

Lincoln is about as foreign has it gets from the Cdn view point.

I see quite a few Chinese pickups/SUVs. Seem on par with Lincolns. Aren't aimed at people who can afford better but not everybody cares.

7. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Indeed...I'm quite sure the bad old days of quickly rusting imported Datsun Bluebirds and Toyota Corollas and are long gone. :)

Many British cars where really junk as well. ahem...British Leyland. I was working for British Telecom in the late 80s early 90s, they where using Austin Rover(British Leyland) at the time, they where awful vehicles, gutless, noisy, uncomfortable, often breaking down. BT then switched to Ford for its fleet vehicles, and things got much better. But now there are no really British cars as such these days. What British marques that remain, tend to be foreign owned, e.g. Shanghai Auto with MG, Morris and Rover, Tata Motors with Jaguar and Land Rover.

Made in China by a Chinese car maker...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  8. blahman

blahman Senior member

Funny you did not mention the Chinese joint venture VWs that are all over the place...