• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chicago shopping

Reaction score
I'm going to Chicago to shop where is the best place to go besides Michigan Ave. Is there any area like Little 5 points in Atlanta. An area where small just starting designers are?

Thanks

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I think the best independents are James (?) Davis, Mark Shale, and my favorite- Syd Jerome. All of these stores carry clothing for "older" guys though.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ah, chicago....my kind of town. i suggest checking out the stores on Oak Street, as well. i know there is a great new store i haven't been to yet, that carries Kiton, etc. i used to shop at syd jerome, and bought a couple of canali suits there. also bought a suit or two from dei giovanni, which i think is on madison street.

nowadays, whenever i go back to chicago, i always go to paul stuart, neiman marcus (a little cramped these days), and the newer saks for men.

be sure to go to mortons of chicago on state street (newberry plaza, i think it is).....it's still one of my favorites, and i think Raki still runs the joint.

have fun.

Joe G

Reaction score
I'm going to Chicago to shop where is the best place to go besides Michigan Ave.  Is there any area like Little 5 points in Atlanta.  An area where small just starting designers are?

Thanks
I've never been to Chicago, but I'm just curious, where do/did you like to shop in Little 5? I'm going to the ATL in about a month or so to visit some friends, but the only places I ever went to in Little 5 before were restaurants or coffee houses (faves: Aurora Coffee, Vortex, Savage Pizza, Bridgetown Grill). I usually did my shopping at Phipps, Lenox, and Perimeter, although last time I was there (Xmas) I found some amazing tie deals at Neiman's Last Call at Discover Mills.

Peace,

JG

Reaction score
I forgot the name of the street but it is the one with the curve in it and intresects with the street that has starbucks on it. I hope that helps since little 5 is fairly small.

Joe G

Reaction score
I forgot the name of the street but it is the one with the curve in it and intresects with the street that has starbucks on it.  I hope that helps since little 5 is fairly small.
Euclid, I think, but I was only in ATL for about 4 months (although I went to school in nearby Durham, NC, and often swooped into ATL to get my hair cut at first Key Lime Pie in Virginia Highlands and later Claiborne's in the Swissotel, or go shopping at Lenox/Phipps/Perimeter), and didn't really have time to explore the local designer scene. Too many fabulous restaurants -- I prefer ATL's culinary scene to NYC's, actually. -- used bookshops, hifi shops, etc., coupled with the fact that my responsibilites necessitated "formalising" my wardrobe quickly. That was best done at places like Saks, Niemans, or H. Stockton.

Any recommendations of specific designers? I'm going to visit friends and do a few interviews in ATL in July.

Peace,

JG

Reaction score
It is Euclid great stuff on that street and the steet that and the street that intersects it may be mooreland or the st. with starbucks on it. Envy was my favorite great localy designed clothing. Their is also a cool shoe store across the street I forgot the name but the inside is a modern minimal look.

Reaction score
It is Euclid great stuff on that street and the steet that and the street that intersects it may be mooreland or the st. with starbucks on it. Envy was my favorite great localy designed clothing. Their is also a cool shoe store across the street I forgot the name but the inside is a modern minimal look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads