• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Chicago shopping guide... Part I.. and II

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score
Last edited:

F. Corbera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't click the link, but do you talk about deep dish pizza in the article?

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

At the turn of the century, New York was at the heart of the American garment trade. Chicago was at the heart of the American meatpacking and mechanical reaper industries.

FTFY

Last edited:

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score
I really appreciate this list. Living in chicago is a bit maddening. Deepdish is terrible—but maybe its amazing, and I'm just a native new yorker.

The real qualm I have is that it's impossible to get around easily. Once again, I've just been spoiled by NY and Paris where one can travel from one end of the city to the other in no time at all. WIth a car this city is probably much better. I kind of like Haberdash but it's also kind of unsettling because in many ways the store is a caricature of similar stores in brooklyn, but not tongue in cheek . The people that work there are really really hip. The thing I love about Epaulet and such stores is that they have a lot of collaborations with designers and companies, but Haberdash just has the goods you need to look trendy in terms of blogosphere . I guess its a lot like Jcrew.

Seriously though, thanks for this list; even if I cant afford to shop in them, one of my favourite things to do is spend time in nicer stores. i get to do it in NYC but I never really know where to go in Chicago. And on occasion, sometimes, if I can just perhaps somehow get the money together I buy something I truly love.

So I'm looking forward to the next installments . I'm sure somewhere along the line I'll find something in one of them that can put a nice little dent in my piggy bank, by which I will remember my time here.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great list. I think George Greene and Syd Jerome are destinations as well...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's