Chicago Michelin Guide

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by adambparker, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Boo to no Avec and Graham Elliot doesn't deserve shit! That cocky, fat bastard can crumble some Cheez-its over a bowl of dicks and then eat them...

2. dhc905

dhc905 Senior member

^ haha, and +1.

3. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

Boo to no Avec and Graham Elliot doesn't deserve shit! That cocky, fat bastard can crumble some Cheez-its over a bowl of dicks and then eat them...

I haven't dined at either, but +1 anyway.

4. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

There's definitely a few omissions... Les Nomades, Oceanique etc... they deserve some stars for sure.
    Les Nomades, yes. The food and service are terrific there. Deserves two stars, IMO.

5. URALLMORONS

URALLMORONS Senior member

Taste of Peru, Paramount Room & Hopleaf :THUMBS UP:

6. SField

SField Senior member

I haven't dined at either, but +1 anyway.
    Tooch is a fucking moron, but gladhands is even more of a fucking moron for agreeing with him without having dined there in the first place. Graham Elliot did quite a bit to put Avenues on the map, one of Chicago's best restaurants. Go eat at Graham Elliot, it's better than a number of the other 1 stars. Unfortunately it isn't the kind of casual fine dining like L'Astrance or Chateaubriand, so I can imagine the loud music and informality annoyed the Michelin people. But anyone who thinks Graham Elliot doesn't deserve recognition from the Michelin guide with one or more stars probably has the aptitude of the common yelper. It's fine if he is not to your taste, but to speak about him in that way is telling. So once again in summation, you're both fucking idiots.

7. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

I guess I should eat before Graham Elliot before I pass judgement on a joke.

8. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Tooch is a fucking moron, but gladhands is even more of a fucking moron for agreeing with him without having dined there in the first pal
    Graham Elliot did quite a bit to put Avenues on the map, one of Chicago's best restaurants.

Go eat at Graham Elliot, it's better than a number of the other 1 stars. Unfortunately it isn't the kind of casual fine dining like L'Astrance or Chateaubriand, so I can imagine the loud music and informality annoyed the Michelin people. But anyone who thinks Graham Elliot doesn't deserve recognition from the Michelin guide with one or more stars probably has the aptitude of the common yelper. It's fine if he is not to your taste, but to speak about him in that way is telling.

So once again in summation, you're both fucking idiots.

Bullshit, I've met that fat bastard numerous times and have eaten as his restaurant as well, he's overrated and his ego is large than that bulbous body of his. Nothing he does is amazing and just like Rick Bayless, he's just an over hyped chef who's reputation has sky-rocketed because of a television show. I spoke my piece and have reasons to to say what I said, I'm no fucking moron and you're just as big of a cunt for calling me one. Go lick the ball sweat of all the overrated chefs in Chicago...

9. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Bullshit, I've met that fat bastard numerous times and have eaten as his restaurant as well, he's overrated and his ego is large than that bulbous body of his. Nothing he does is amazing and just like Rick Bayless, he's just an over hyped chef who's reputation has sky-rocketed because of a television show. I spoke my piece and have reasons to to say what I said, I'm no fucking moron and you're just as big of a cunt for calling me one. Go lick the ball sweat of all the overrated chefs in Chicago...
    Rick Bayless is awesome. His restaurants are not my absolute favorites, but I cannot begin to describe the respect I have not only for his food but for his incredible knowledge and passion for research. I guess I have to agree with sfield here.

10. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

WUT?

Gladhands, you should give Graham Elliot a try. It's great food. The man is inventive and knows what he is doing. I personally don't see how someone could dislike him so much, but then again, I fucking hate Ludo LeFebvre for basically no reason, so maybe I can see how someone would dislike GEB.

11. SField

SField Senior member

You still haven't provided a shred of evidence that makes anything you say hold any water. It just sounds like angry ranting. Who cares if he is arrogant? I go to eat food not to hang out with him. He walks around his restaurant a lot, was he mean to you?

12. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Who the shit doesn't like Rick Bayless? [​IMG]

13. otc

otc Senior member

I mean...who hasn't used used the "Ask Frontera" contact page to ask lustful questions about getting some rick-dick?

14. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

And who the shit does like his brother?

15. privateer

privateer Well-Known Member

Did I miss something? I haven't been to Avec since it caught fire, but I heard its newly back open or opening soon. I can see why it didn't make it in there.

Places I've eaten at in the last year on the list:
    Longman & Eagle
    Topolobampo
    NoMI
    Bonsoiree
    Blackbird

I loved Longman & Eagle. I'm just surprised its on the list - not with the quality of the food but just the type of place that is (if that makes sense). I'm not an expert. Topolobampo is good, but I'm surprised its on the list because it doesn't really seem worthy. Its good, but not 1 star good.

The excellent deal list:
    The Bristol
    Cumin (and again this weekend!)
    Gilt
    Hopleaf
    Creperie
    mado
    Publican
    West Town Tavern

Gotta say, The Brisotl isn't my deal. I know a ton of people that love it, but its not my favorite. Cumin is great, I've been a few times. Hopleaf is awesome. I love the mussels and the beer selection is amazing. Also the winebar (can I still call it new?) is a cool addition. I actually like Gilt for a drink and an appetizer over a meal. The food I've tried is good but I like the atmosphere to relax for a drink.