1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Chicago-Homburg

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rick54, Oct 18, 2006.

1. rick54

rick54 New Member

Greetings,
    The wife and I will be traveling to Chicago to attend the opera in November.
    I'm interested in getting a nice Homburg and was wondering if anyone that knows the town well could direct me to a store? I'll be there on a Saturday only.Would rather get a good fitting on a hat over doing a mail order sale.
    Thanks for the help.

2. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

3. mr monty

mr monty Distinguished Member

4. rick54

rick54 New Member

Thank you for the quick replies. I have contacted them and they will be open that Saturday. I'm looking forward to the visit!

5. Gladhatter

Gladhatter Senior Member

Greetings,
    The wife and I will be traveling to Chicago to attend the opera in November.
    I'm interested in getting a nice Homburg and was wondering if anyone that knows the town well could direct me to a store? I'll be there on a Saturday only.Would rather get a good fitting on a hat over doing a mail order sale.
    Thanks for the help.

Optimo makes some beautiful pristine hats. You may like their level of customer care as well.

@ getting a good fitting hat over doing a mail order sale, I would like to suggest as a strickly internet business and hatter of 34 years, we have met one customer in the past 4 years that flew in from China and yet have not misfit 4 in the past 4 years.

Getting a good fit sometimes involves first getting a good relationship with your hatter. Geting a mail out conformature unless you are complete perfect regular oval is a must.