1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Chic comes in a size.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Iron Chic, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Iron Chic

Iron Chic Member

I have found that a jacket over the size 38 just cannot be considered Chic. Imagine a gentleman wearing a 44 L driving a vintage Italian auto. This is a scene simply without elegance.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I have found that a jacket over the size 38 just cannot be considered Chic. Imagine a gentleman wearing a 44 L driving a vintage Italian auto. This is a scene simply without elegance.

Not to encourage your particular brand of stupidity (I've read all your posts and just PMed you) but Cary Grant was much larger than a 38, for starters.

3. skalogre

skalogre Distinguished Member

Good grief. Btw, if someone wears 44L there is a good chance he could kick the living daylights out of one of us 38 people so I'd be careful announcing that in a biker bar. You know those people are sensitive about their suit jacket size [​IMG]

4. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Is the camel clutch chic?

5. odoreater

odoreater Distinguished Member

Was Nikolai Volkov chic?

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

There is actually a jiujitsu move affectionately nicknamed the camel clutch, which is not unlike the Iron Sheik's version, except applied from the front. Seeing that it is designed to break a man's neck effectively and efficiently, I would say that it is a very minimalist move - very Helmut Lang, imho - stripped down killing. So yes, very chic.

7. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Was Nikolai Volkov chic?

His hat was very chic.

8. SGladwell

SGladwell Distinguished Member

I don't know what's especially chic about being a midget. Nothing wrong with it, either, of course. But nothing special, either.

9. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

I wear a 38 and am 6'1, SGladwell.

Iron Chic, are you for real? I've seen your other posts and frankly you come off as either a troll or a gimmick account.

10. TCN

TCN Distinguished Member

What about just "chic" wih a lowercase "c"?

Usually, the guys I see with vintage Italian autos are 52 S's . . . of course they're usually driving the tow truck or flatbed. [​IMG]

11. SGladwell

SGladwell Distinguished Member

I wear a 38 and am 6'1, SGladwell.

Seriously? Not 38L at least? I'd imagine that it's pretty hard to find clothes in your size with sufficiently long limbs. Even as someone of the same height who vacillates between a 42L and 44R, that's occasionally a problem. Sleeves, especially, are often cut too short on RTW.

12. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

Well, 38 being my general chest size for coats. It's anywhere between a 38R and 38L, and usually a sleeve alteration can take care of any problems if there's no faux buttonholes present (those annoy me to the greatest extent when the sleeve isn't quite the right length).

13. acidboy

acidboy Stylish Dinosaur

what a chic piece of turd this guy. it will be chic to see somebody wearing a 50L jacket beat the living crap out of this dumbass.

pardon my temporary loss of civility.

14. odoreater

odoreater Distinguished Member

it's too bad that he's such a mo-mo because the username and avatar were both pretty cool.

15. Sgt. Chic

Sgt. Chic Member

Pedestrian Chic does not exist I am afraid; but perhaps one day a vintage Italian omnibus will be accepting passengers in San Francisco.