1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Chester Mox wallets made in USA

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JhwkMac, Jun 22, 2011.

1. JhwkMac

JhwkMac Well-Known Member

Chester Mox has been getting some attention in the tumblr/blogger world. You can see more information about them here (1) and (2) Formerly called Voodoo studios they have rebranded under the name Chester Mox (http://www.chestermox.com/). They make and sell wallets made out of Horween leather, chromexel and horween are available. I just received my wallet today and am very happy with the finished product. I got the flap wallet in Horween Shell Cordovan #4 which is a lighter variety, close to natural. I got it threaded with exposed stitching in natural linen thread and the back is personalized with 'Handmade in the USA for Your Name'. It fits 10+ cards, probably more once it breaks in. It cost me $160 and was sent in a nice heavy duty canvas dustbag. I believe the chromexcel ones start at $35 bucks which is very reasonable. Would love to hear/see any wallets someone else purchased from this company. Here are my pictures: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. musicguy

musicguy Well-Known Member

Looks like it's made really well, but it's a bit garish for my liking. Perhaps it'd appeal to the SW&D crowd more.

3. JhwkMac

JhwkMac Well-Known Member

Personal opinion, i guess. I don't find it garish at all. I find the design very minimal just with threading and the black painted sides, there's even an option for no logo which i chose.

4. entrero

entrero Well-Known Member

What's their beef with Makr