Chester Mox wallets made in USA

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JhwkMac, Jun 22, 2011.

1. JhwkMac

JhwkMac Senior member

Chester Mox has been getting some attention in the tumblr/blogger world. You can see more information about them here (1) and (2) Formerly called Voodoo studios they have rebranded under the name Chester Mox (http://www.chestermox.com/). They make and sell wallets made out of Horween leather, chromexel and horween are available. I just received my wallet today and am very happy with the finished product. I got the flap wallet in Horween Shell Cordovan #4 which is a lighter variety, close to natural. I got it threaded with exposed stitching in natural linen thread and the back is personalized with 'Handmade in the USA for Your Name'. It fits 10+ cards, probably more once it breaks in. It cost me $160 and was sent in a nice heavy duty canvas dustbag. I believe the chromexcel ones start at $35 bucks which is very reasonable. Would love to hear/see any wallets someone else purchased from this company. Here are my pictures: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

Looks like it's made really well, but it's a bit garish for my liking. Perhaps it'd appeal to the SW&D crowd more.

3. JhwkMac

JhwkMac Senior member

Personal opinion, i guess. I don't find it garish at all. I find the design very minimal just with threading and the black painted sides, there's even an option for no logo which i chose.

4. entrero

entrero Senior member

What's their beef with Makr