1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Chester Mox Appreciation Thread -- Bespoke, Ready-Made, and MTO Leathergoods

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dieworkwear, Jul 11, 2016.

1. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Brown rusticalf sounds good. I'll see what she thinks of the idea.

2. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

I wish I'd found this thread before I just started a wallet appreciation thread, though the two are sort of separate. Nevertheless, back when I was looking for a new wallet DWW put me in touch with Bellanie. It felt like an odd place to be in, because I wanted a vertical dress wallet that was not bifold.Instead, I wanted the two sides back to back. I also wanted to be able to leave the thing in my pocket as much as possible, so I wanted to be able to take all of the important stuff out without having to take the wallet out of my pocket.

The design was mine.
    [​IMG]

She implemented it beautifully. The leather I chose was the mandarina rusticalf.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That was back in September 2015 and it has since acquired an awesome patina.
    [​IMG]

Looking at it now, I am now really glad I did not go with the contrast stitching.

4 people like this.
  3. dieworkwear

That looks really good.

I still need to put in my navy folio order. Bellanie just got this new leather from du Puy -- Marocalf, which I'm told is similar to her boxcalf (a really nice, smooth leather that's flexible, but also has a bit of firmness to it).

Thinking about dropping the navy idea for this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  4. mktitsworth

This definitely seems more... conservative? It's a more traditional color for leather. Probably less wink and smirk, if that makes any sense.

Which is not to say that I don't like the leather, it's just a different direction and I'm curious if there's a reason you'd make the shift other than "I like this new leather better."

5. dieworkwear

Yea, they seem like different cases.

I have a couple of brown folios, but they only hold a laptop and maybe some printed-out articles. Not enough room for a charger, which is what I often bring with me when I leave the house.

I use my black CM folio the most, since it can hold a lot more, but sometimes black feels a bit formal/ severe. Wouldn't mind a more casual case.

I can see liking a brown one a lot, but maybe navy might be fun for some color options.

If I get the brown one, it'd mostly be because I want something to hold my charger. And look good with tailored clothing. Navy also works, but that brown color looks super nice.

1 person likes this.
  6. mktitsworth

I get the whole black-formal bit. I shy away from black leather most things. Being me, I would want the navy because "fuck yea navy!" but the brown would probably be like "I can do this with everything." It sounds like you want something that will be an every day item.

That said, I also feel like going brown is overly considered. Having something like that made in navy, while it might not always be concordant, still seems like the sort of thing that can be used everyday.

That brown does look super nice though. It reminds me of a leather Tanner Kroll uses. Slightly darker, but the resemblance is there (at least to me).

[​IMG]

7. dieworkwear

That's probably true. I'll probably look over the swatches this weekend and just make a decision.

Bellanie tells me they're also working with a new company for hardware. Made in Italy, silver finish, buffed to a mirror shine. I assume they have other models, but some examples:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  8. mktitsworth

Those are pretty. What is the size scale. The combo lock seems like a neat idea, but if it's too small it's going to be useless and seems like it would have to be a non-functional gimmick.

9. dieworkwear

Combo lock is about 100cm tall by 60cm wide.

I haven't measured it out, but for the moment, think I'm leaning towards that shape, but minus the combo lock feature.

10. mktitsworth

That's a totally reasonable size then and, as I said, they look gorgeous.