1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Chester Barrie Hand-Tailored Cashmere Jacket

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by newtrane, Nov 15, 2004.

1. newtrane

newtrane Senior member

Gentlemen I got the following hand-tailored cashmere jacket from Chester Barrie as a gift. The jacket is of amazing quality - Unfortunately, it is too big for me. 1) What is the approximate retail value of the jacket? 2) Would anyone be interested to buy it? Measurements - Neck to foot of tail 33 3/4 inches - Armpit to armpit 25 1/2 Inches - Shoulder to shoulder 21 Inches - Sleeve length 26 3/4 inches from shoulder top to end of arm Thank you very much. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

Too big for me.

I would imagine it retails for at least $1500.

3. newtrane

newtrane Senior member

4. newtrane

newtrane Senior member

5. acole

acole Senior member

Newtrane, your solution only compounded the mistake, unfortunately.  You now have duplicate listings for the same item.  I strongly recommend that you log into your seller account and cancel the older one immediately, if not sooner.  <s>Stupi</s>--erm, unobservant people are legion on eBay, and they will bid on your auction despite your warning.  Worse, there are probably others (like me [​IMG]) who have third-party auto-snipe bids set for the final 5 seconds.  None of these people will be amused by the result--and neither will you if the the final bid goes above your "real" listing.  For future reference, the best way to deal with a "wrong category" screwup is to revise the existing auction listing--no need to submit a duplicate.  And, if necessary, you can cancel a listing even if there are bids on it: you just have to manually cancel those bids first, with all the attendant customer aggravation that implies. It's a nice-looking coat, and I hope you get a good price for it.  It's my exact size, actually, but unfortunately not a good color for me.  (If it were, I'd be cursing you for realizing you'd put it in the wrong category. [​IMG])