1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Chest hair the the open collared shirt. Yeaaa Baby!!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Soph, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

2. Ed13

Ed13 Senior member

I always wear a T-shirt under a dress shirt. Crew neck if wearing a tie and a V-neck if shirt is left open at the collar.

The sight of the T-shirt under a dress shirt may be offensive to some, but I much prefer this to having to look at sweat stains soaking through.

3. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

I much prefer to see a man wear a shirt without the visual intrusion of a t-shirt.

Something about this statement strikes me as very...disturbing.

4. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

please no trimming or grooming

5. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

i let my 7 chest hairs show. no undershirts for me.

6. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored

The sight of the T-shirt under a dress shirt may be offensive to some, but I much prefer this to having to look at sweat stains soaking through.

Most men with a decent deodorant do not have to pick between these two evils. I never wear a T-shirt under my shirts and I don't have sweat stains either

7. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Most men with a decent deodorant do not have to pick between these two evils. I never wear a T-shirt under my shirts and I don't have sweat stains either

That's highly anecdotal. It hardly proves that "most men with a decent deodorant do not have to pick between these two evils." In fact, there are a lot of men that, with or without a decent deodorant, will continue to sweat.

For example, my back starts to sweat on hot days when I'm sitting with it against a chair (e.g., in the car, even when the air conditioner is on, which cools in the front, my back still sweats). Am I supposed to rub deodorant on my back? I think wearing a t-shirt is much easier and looks better than having a sweat stain in the middle of my back.

This is a silly discussion. If you feel that you need a t-shirt or that it looks better on you for whatever reason, then wear it. If you feel that you don't need one, then don't wear it.

8. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Deoderant does nothing to reduce either perspiration or its staining effect on shirts. In fact, the active ingredients in antiperspirants (which may reduce but rarely eliminate perspiration) often exacerbate underarm stains in shirts.

9. gdl203

You could wrap your torso in transparent cling-wrap, thereby eliminating both the "sweat stains" issue and the "visually intruding" t-shirt issue.

Yes - this is my recommendation as well [​IMG]

10. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

You could wrap your torso in transparent cling-wrap, thereby eliminating both the "sweat stains" issue and the "visually intruding" t-shirt issue.

Good idea, then dandySF can get some viewing pleasure out of seeing my bare chest.

11. gdl203

That's highly anecdotal. It hardly proves that "most men with a decent deodorant do not have to pick between these two evils." In fact, there are a lot of men that, with or without a decent deodorant, will continue to sweat.

For example, my back starts to sweat on hot days when I'm sitting with it against a chair (e.g., in the car, even when the air conditioner is on, which cools in the front, my back still sweats). Am I supposed to rub deodorant on my back? I think wearing a t-shirt is much easier and looks better than having a sweat stain in the middle of my back.

This is a silly discussion. If you feel that you need a t-shirt or that it looks better on you for whatever reason, then wear it. If you feel that you don't need one, then don't wear it.

You got me. I didn't PROVE anything. You're good [​IMG]

12. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Well the guy is telling you that he wears a t-shirt to avoid having sweat stains and you respond that it's not a choice between two evils and a good deodorant will get rid of the problem. It's great that a good deodorant works for you, but it doesn't work for everyone, so your advice to him was basically useless. Your own personal experience with sweat and deodorant means nothing to him because all of our bodies are different and sweat in different amounts and in different areas. Just consider yourself lucky that you don't sweat as much as other people and therefore don't have to wear a t-shirt.

13. BDCook

BDCook Active Member

You're kidding, right?

You DIDN'T prove anything.

Just because YOU don't have to choose, does not mean others don't. But I am sure you know that.

14. gdl203

You're kidding, right?

You DIDN'T prove anything.

Just because YOU don't have to choose, does not mean others don't. But I am sure you know that.

[​IMG]