• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chelsea boots

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Chelsea boots:Any advice on brands/where to find them at discount?

What about styling? What should I avoid/search for?

Thanks

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the C&J Chelsea
smile.gif
Chelsea-Tan_L.jpg

aybojs

Reaction score
I know Grenson has been mentioned ad nauseam as of late, but they make a really nice chelsea boot called the "Claude" (I used to hate chelsea boots, until I finally caved in and bought one from Bennie's). They go around ~$300 (160 or so pounds) on various websites, but if you have some time and/or luck you can get them from Bennie's at half that. My pair was a steal at $125, although I've been hung up on wearing them, as I always get weak-willed about the thought wearing out "nice" clothes/shoes.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Overpriced, and who knows who made them. For a good deal, check out the Loake chelsea boots from Charles Tyrwhitt. With the 50% off new customer coupon, they are $107.50, which is a better deal than most in that price range. I am looking for some Grenson ones as well once the new shipment comes in. I like chelsea boots quite a bit, versatile IMO.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Drizzt, do you have the adress where I could get them? And how does the "new client 50%" works? Do you have to use a special code or do all new clients get this....

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
do a search for charles tyrwhitt on the forum, I know someone has posted the website for the 50% off before. You don't need any code.

WJTW

Reaction score
Slightly off-topic... how many types of boots are there? When is a boot called a 'chelsea' boot?

WJTW

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slightly off-topic... how many types of boots are there? When is a boot called a 'chelsea' boot?

WJTW
A chelsea is usually a boot with the stretch material on the sides.

There are a lot of boot types.  Chukkas and other lace up boots, zip-ups, jodphurs and other buckle up boots, and chelseas are the usually main styles in a dress shoemakers range.

WJTW

Reaction score
Thanks. The reply really is fast.
smile.gif
One more thing, though... why are soccer boota called boota, when, well, they do not look like one? Thanks, WJTW

Nonk

Reaction score
Fuuma wrote
BTW what do you think of that, overpriced maybe?
Great, Â if you are going to a Star Trek convention.
smile.gif

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. The reply really is fast.
smile.gif
One more thing, though... why are soccer boota called boota, when, well, they do not look like one? Thanks, WJTW
Do you mean the below the ankle, cleated, soccer boots - such as adidas' copa mundial? (We called them spikes in my area - I wore the copa mundial way back then, before the spikes with the funny stuff on the tops came into the market) I think they're called boots because in the old days (pre WWII, I'm guessing) players wore boots with the spikes. Similar to football shoes. You get more ankle support, obviously, but less foot flexibility for dribbling, passing and kicking the ball.

Brian SD

Reaction score
http://www.yoox.com/item....FD17CD7 if that link works, check those out. Oops, just realized you were specifically looking for Chelseas. Oh well. They are quite nice anyway, and Costume National makes plenty of other great looking boots (some of them Chelsea I'm sure).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads