1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Chelsea Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by cloud9eleet, May 19, 2005.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

(LA Guy @ May 19 2005,14:38) Quote Agreed. Â The topic is about chelsea boots, not jeans, and C&J chelseas certainly don't constitute streetwear.
    Considering the original post, I must disagree.
    Put it this way -- I bet even Manton owns a pair of chelsea boots. Â [​IMG][/quote] Then perhaps Manton should also consider wearing jeans.

2. RJman

RJman Well-Known Member

Where's Manton been? Haven't seen him posting anywhere recently.

To tell the truth, I have a feeling Manton owns no Chelsea boots.

In principal, you can order from the French C&J (about 500 euros), although I don't know how much shipping would cost you, whether they would lop off VAT, or if the person answering the phone spoke enough French. They've answered my e-mails but it's probably easiest to call during business hours.

The British C&J store will not sell certain models that are available on the French market. However, you should try them as well as they do sell more Handgrades than are on their site/catalog.

Checks, you could compare that image to Ted Kennedy drinking cheap booze in a luxury car. Cheap shot. I'd go for it -- it has that rather confident and ironic feeling like drinking vintage champers out of paper cups for the hell of it.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Did the latter on Lake Tahoe a couple of years ago for New Years. A '90 Grande Dame. Very nice. We weren't meaning to be ironic though. We'd just run out of clean glassware and no one wanted to wash dishes.

4. Mr Checks

Mr Checks Well-Known Member

Cheap booze? Uncle Ted?

Nevah.

5. Syed14

Syed14 Member

Hello all! I am planning to invest in a good pair of chelseas. I have narrowed it down to a pair of Grensons Declan in brown suede and Cheaneys in brown/burgundy grain leather (don't remember the model name). According to the websites, both are made in the UK, most probably Northampton, and both are goodyear welted. Everything is quite what I am looking for but as I don't have any experience with either of these brands before, I would really appreciate if some of you respected members could shed some light on which one is better than the other. My price range is $300-$450 and both of these pairs fall in the range. Any suggestions, keeping the price point in mind, are also welcome. Thanks.