• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Chelsea Boots Recommendation

Do you like these and I should keep them or back they go?

• Keep

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Return

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

jcep

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

A quick question on any potential chelsea recommendations. I just bought a C&J pair but frankly when I look down I can't help but feeling a bit like the penguin. They don't seem as sleek as I'd like them to be and these are after all meant to look modish.

A pic of the ones I recently bought is attached. What are your thoughts, are these too clunky or maybe I just don't like the look of chelseas?

[ATTACHMENT=4706]Cranford.jpg (74k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
A quick question on any potential chelsea recommendations. I just bought a C&J pair but frankly when I look down I can't help but feeling a bit like the penguin. They don't seem as sleek as I'd like them to be and these are after all meant to look modish.
A pic of the ones I recently bought is attached. What are your thoughts, are these too clunky or maybe I just don't like the look of chelseas?
They actually look pretty sleek to me, at least from your picture and from the C&J website. They also look better than the C&J Chelsea 5 on the 335 last.

Maybe posting a picture with you wearing the shoes would help.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Instead of judging what your shoes look like looking down, look at them in a mirror.

jcep

Reaction score
The other option I was looking at is the Lingfield: [ATTACHMENT=4707]Lingfield.jpg (76k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT] and actually Liquidus, what are the chelseas in your avatar? Those Carminas are impressive.

jcep

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm in manhattan so ill check out epaulet and see what's up. However, I find them wide as well. I like a last that is shows the shape of the foot less (I.e elongated and narrow similar to tom ford shoes if this makes sense as opposed to this one where the outer corners of the shoes curve outward substantially from the middle of the last). Not sure if that made sense but thanks for the suggestion.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Lingfields look nice but the size of that welt...:plain:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.