• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Check your Gentleman at the Door

heavyd

Reaction score
I am planning a bachelor party. The groom is 44, (he waited a while). He is also open to anything. The average age of the attendee will be about 40.

Home is NYC. Thoughts include:

Staying the The City,
The Borgatta
Las Vegas
Miami Beach

All your creative ideas welcome, I have about 10 months.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Are most of the likely attendees local? Or are there a lot of childhood/school/whatever buddies scattered across the country? If they're mostly local, the farther from home it's held the more likely some of the "core" group will be unable to make it. On the other hand, the more scattered folks are, the more it may make sense to pick a "central" location that's relatively easy to travel to.

heavyd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Are most of the likely attendees local? Or are there a lot of childhood/school/whatever buddies scattered across the country? If they're mostly local, the farther from home it's held the more likely some of the "core" group will be unable to make it. On the other hand, the more scattered folks are, the more it may make sense to pick a "central" location that's relatively easy to travel to.

scattered and good point.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by heavyd
scattered and good point.
In those circumstances, I think the "out of town" location also has the benefit of making it more of a cohesive "event" for the group. If everyone has traveled to be there, they're all really "there". If you held it in NYC and that were "home" for some of the attendees, you'd get a lot more of "I'll try to come but probably have to leave early", people flaking at the last minute, people still half at work mentally, etc.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vegas baby....... or Atlantic City for the cheapo version.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go to Vegas, bring a box or two of Opus X's if you can find them (sure, there are much better deals out there, but come on, they're Opus X's), and enough money to finance third world debt to cover the bar tab, and Rat Pack it up.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never understood "bachelor parties". Is your futur wife that awful that you must insist on going out one last time with the "boys" and hire a bunch of whores. I will never have a bachelor party because I will love my wife and consider her as one of my bestfriend. This whole macho thing of bachelor parties is so lame and pathetic. Nowadays, most people put all the emphasis on the wedding day and bachelor parties, which explains the alarming rate of divorces.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
I never understood "bachelor parties". Is your futur wife that awful that you must insist on going out one last time with the "boys" and hire a bunch of whores. I will never have a bachelor party because I will love my wife and consider her as one of my bestfriend. This whole macho thing of bachelor parties is so lame and pathetic. Nowadays, most people put all the emphasis on the wedding day and bachelor parties, which explains the alarming rate of divorces.
I'd certainly feel guilty about being a john, but I don't think there's anything wrong with kicking back with the guys one last time before the responsibilities of marriage kick in.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
I'd certainly feel guilty about being a john, but I don't think there's anything wrong with kicking back with the guys one last time before the responsibilities of marriage kick in.

I just think it's depressing that kicking back means cheating on your wife... but then again I've never been married and have no idea what it's like. But if it's this hell like prison I keep hearing about, I might just go for some Gene Simmons type of arrangement where he's been "happily unmarried" for like 25 years with Shannon Tweed.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just think it's depressing that kicking back means cheating on your wife... but then again I've never been married and have no idea what it's like. But if it's this hell like prison I keep hearing about, I might just go for some Gene Simmons type of arrangement where he's been "happily unmarried" for like 25 years with Shannon Tweed.

I wonder how many people actually cheap on their future wife at their party.

BTW: Cheating is the new Loyal.

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
...hate hate hate...

Its an excuse to get together with some friends and have some fun. Whores + cheating are not a mandate and in my experience people know if they are ok with cheating on their partner long before they get to this point. So if the future Mrs. V decides to have a Bachelorette party will you call her a slut and pre-emptively accuse her of cheating?

"You plotting on me *****!!"

richstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by heavyd
I am planning a bachelor party. The groom is 44, (he waited a while). He is also open to anything. The average age of the attendee will be about 40.

Home is NYC. Thoughts include:

Staying the The City,
The Borgatta
Las Vegas
Miami Beach

All your creative ideas welcome, I have about 10 months.

Vegas, baby, hands down. You will not regret it. Atlantic City is depressing; stay away.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just think it's depressing that kicking back means cheating on your wife...
Well sure. Dismaying is the word I'd use.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have to assume you have not been in a long term relationship long enough to appreciate the virtues of seeing a different rack and booty once in a while. Doesn't mean you're gonna cheat but looking is fine. You ever watch a Appreciation flick with your woman?

I will never have a bachelor party because I will love my wife and consider her as one of my bestfriend.

musicboohoo[1].gif
I think that's the most lame and pathetic statement. Perhaps you should watch Beaches with your fiancee before your wedding so you can bond more or something.
rolleyes.gif

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
I have to assume you have not been in a long term relationship long enough to appreciate the virtues of seeing a different rack and booty once in a while. Doesn't mean you're gonna cheat but looking is fine. You ever watch a Appreciation flick with your woman?

musicboohoo[1].gif
I think that's the most lame and pathetic statement. Perhaps you should watch Beaches with your fiancee before your wedding so you can bond more or something.
rolleyes.gif

wow do you crush beer cans on your forehead and ejaculate all over your girlfriend's face afterwards? I'm by no means a feminist but this whole idea of the ultra macho bachelor party is so pathetic. Here in montreal you see these 30 somethings totally wasted by 12, puking on the sidewalks and getting their asses beaten by bouncers as they head back to the holiday inn to meet up with whatever whores they booked for the night. Besides Vegas, Montreal has got to be bachelor party central for Americans, and it is almost always just what I said, pathetic. It's clear to me that a lot of these guys never really party that much, so they try to recreate whatever they've seen in movies and end up exposing themselves as pretty big rookies.

I think getting together with your friends is really cool, get wasted, get a bunch of strippers/whores for your friends if that's what's up... but cheating on the woman you love before you marry her (which implies that you believe in monogamy and embrace certain traditional values), makes no sense on a philosophical level. If you have an open relationship and your girl is cool like that, then that's great. I'm sure swinging is a lot of fun, but if your whole thing is the white picket fence, mini van and the golden retriever, I think the idea of the overwraught bachelor party is really lame.

PS. About looking, I totally agree. My assumption here is actual sexual acts, not just a peep show. If that's all it is, then I don't really care. Seeing another naked woman isn't that big a deal, but sex is if you're doing the whole marriage thing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads