1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Check this JL?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MilanoStyle, Jul 7, 2005.

1. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Distinguished Member

2. A Harris

A Harris Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Retail is appx. $1250 plus tax. I'd give them an 8-9 and I'm super picky. Awesome shoes.

3. naturlaut

naturlaut Senior Member

It's my size ....
    And I must get some black shoes too.
    Well, if it doesn't sell, I'll ask if the seller is willing to cut a deal. Good that it includes the trees too.

4. johnapril

johnapril Distinguished Member

I would buy those without hesitation as, with care and resolings, they will outlast nearly anything else on the street.

5. zjpj83

zjpj83 Distinguished Member

I am not at all familiar with JL - I've never been the biggest fan, though some of their classic styles are very nice. However, I have to say that only some of their models (JL Paris?) have visible nails in the heel. I really like nailed heels, and I was wondering why most JL models have the heels they do. What is their construction? Do they still have hand-nailed heels and the nails simply aren't visible?

6. johnapril

johnapril Distinguished Member

RTW are Goodyear welted, albeit by a man using a machine rather than by hand. As for nails in the heel, I've never torn the lip of rubber off the heels of mine to check.