• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Check these out

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
these bad boys are just about to go.

AHarris- I know this one fell on deaf ears, but I tend to agree that these are ultra-funky, precipitously perched on a fine line between beauty and horror (picture Frankenstein with small feet at a tony nightclub)

I love monks, and these just might be my size... If I could try them on,  maybe, but I definately don't have the cojones to pull the trigger here.

We pretty much know they'll be well made, regardless. I'd love to see them but $360.+ is way too steep a price of admission.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I have seen them (I think you posted them on another thread) but they are too bulky and rounded for my tastes. Even when wearing dressier shoes with jeans, I still prefer a narrow, pointy figure.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Lattanzi make all of the Jil Sander shoes?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
They did in this case.

banksmiranda

Reaction score
So these shoes were actually made by Lattanzi for Sander and not a case of the seller going out on a limb and saying that they're Lattanzi shoes?

marc37

Reaction score
Pretty conservative for Jil Sander. Most Jil Sander shoes l see are extra wide square-toe monstrosities that are way out. Eg, a extra wide leather sole with strips of rubber swirling thru the sole, even with half the sole up the side of the shoe.

Jil Sander has always appeared to be of average quality (like prada). These shoes look very high quality though.

marc37

Reaction score
They could well be my size but l have enough shoes on the go right now with 2 pairs of MTM being made from croc (thousands of dollars) and a pair of E.G l will be buying when l fly to Sydney [sometime this year]. l must exercise restraint or my relationship will be in big trouble.
biggrin.gif

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So these shoes were actually made by Lattanzi for Sander and not a case of the seller going out on a limb and saying that they're Lattanzi shoes?

Definitely Lattanzi, that sole is unmistakeable.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know a girl who would love a pair of clompers like these.
smile.gif
Unfortunately I didn't see the auction until it was too late, and I also don't know her shoe size.

banksmiranda

Reaction score
It seems that most any maker can be convinced to do private-label, as A Harris has pointed out, Lattanzi and Brioni have done.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are just too "big" overall for my taste. Too much like clown shoes, were they colored white or red. I'd be tempted to take them to a good cobbler to see if he could at least reduce the size of the buckle and recut the strap to allow a smaller buckle....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics