• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Check out Selfedge in the latest Details

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the March fashion issue (just got that in the mail a day or two ago), on page 132. Styleforum affiliate Self Edge (www.selfedge.com ) was named the Number 1 denim store in America by Details magazine. Congratulations Kiya
smile.gif
(Free jeans for everyone? Sort of the denim equivalent of a round on the house
bounce2.gif
)

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dammit...

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I couldn't resist. But much props to Kiya and Co. - goes to show your love and knowledge of all things denim really is as exceptional as we all thought. Also, it makes those SExIH Diors even more
drool.gif

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
Sorry, I couldn't resist. But much props to Kiya and Co. - goes to show your love and knowledge of all things denim really is as exceptional as we all thought. Also, it makes those SExIH Diors even more
drool.gif

I wonder if the SExIH Diors will still be 21 oz. denim. I'm curious to know and see what it would look like with a heavy material. At any rate, congrats Kiya!

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks so much to all those congratulating us.

To those wondering about how they chose these three stores, i have no clue. I am honored to be in the same ranks as Mauro from the Denim Bar and Gordon from BiG.

All three of us are doing our best to push denim to the next level in terms of service and bringing hard to find denim to the American market. Once again, thanks for the support.

We love you back.

GameBoy

Reaction score
I think that i'll stop by tonight and celebrate this!
Hazaa!

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's pretty clear they chose your three stores because they are basically the only real denim stores in the country. If you knew nothing about denim and went on SuFU or here and ran a search, you'd come up with those three names over and over.

Congrats.

brimley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sygyzy
I think it's pretty clear they chose your three stores because they are basically the only real denim stores in the country.

Ouch, Context with the snub.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nyf
Ouch, Context with the snub.

Yeah, sort of, although Context is the youngest of the four (I think), is still building its rep, and is located in a flyover state, so it's not going to get as much media love. Not hating, btw; Madison is the ill sh**, and infinitely hipper than DC, Denim Bar notwithstanding. Also, BiG and SE have a bit of an exclusivity edge, imo - seem to have better relationships with the Japanese companies.

Anyway, if anyone can right this wrong, it's us - hell, call Sam sometime just to shoot it. I have, a bunch of times, and his enthusiasm and expertise are damned impressive. If you read the site, you'll see that he sort of relishes being the unloved midwestern stephchild of American denim. He also borrows the phrase ddml...grudge match?
tounge.gif
He's good people; give him some biz/positive word of mouth whenever possible.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
THIEF.

Now I can't like that picture anymore.
frown.gif

You still have the picture of the two dudes in the t-shirts, which all my friends think is the funniest sh** ever. I couldn't find that one, despite 2+ min of searching...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads