• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Check out my new bag

Deuce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Usul
I have never been able to buy anything but a cheap nylon briefcase. I feel as though any other brifcase is either too larger to carry comfortably and unobtrusively or too small to be useful. If any one has a line on a fold-over briefcase/portfolio, however, please inform me. It looks rather like a rectangular bag of leather that is folded in half with one end open.

Go check out saddlebacks website, they have almost exactly what you are talking about

dalej

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Boston Litigator
nice looking bag, good luck with it

Thank you, I'm enjoying it very much. Finally a bag that is built to last and holds everything I need with me on a daily bases.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If that is your everyday bag, you are nutz! Back problems are on the way. If it is a "travel" sorta bag, then it's ok..

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like something you'd find in the back of a thrift store for $5.

dalej

Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
Looks like something you'd find in the back of a thrift store for $5.

I'm sure you at home in the back of a thrift store
boxing[1].gif

dalej

Reaction score
I'm leaving on saturday for a two week business trip, I'll post some pictures with the bag loaded as my briefcase/carry on amazed how much stuff I can fit in this bag.

dalej

Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
I'm sure you write Engrish good too.

you got me there, typing is not my thing yet

let me correct it so you can understand it "youR"
lol8[1].gif

dalej

Reaction score
I just purchused another bag from Anicent Knight that is more for day to day use, weight is 4 pounds and it is 14x12x4.
The larger bag will be use when traveling and this one everyday that I'm not traveling.
Love AK bags.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jchosko

Reaction score
I just purchased one of these bags on ebay too, as I can't afford a $600 bag. An amazing bag for the price; I couldn't be happier with it.

I like Saddleback bags a lot, but I just don't see how they can charge so much for them. Perhaps if they were made in the USA, where the cost of labor is higher than it is in Mexico where they're made, I'd understand. Also, I'd feel good knowing that it was money that was going into the pockets of American workers. But since they continue to keep production in Mexico, and to raise their prices, I can't help but think that I would be getting at least a little ripped off. If I'm going to be buying an import, I'm gonna go with the cheaper alternative. It may not be as high quality as a Saddleback (which I've not seen in person), but I can't really imagine a bag being that much better than this one.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jchosko
It may not be as high quality as a Saddleback (which I've not seen in person), but I can't really imagine a bag being that much better than this one.

It is that much better.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jchosko
I just purchased one of these bags on ebay too, as I can't afford a $600 bag. An amazing bag for the price; I couldn't be happier with it. I like Saddleback bags a lot, but I just don't see how they can charge so much for them. Perhaps if they were made in the USA, where the cost of labor is higher than it is in Mexico where they're made, I'd understand. Also, I'd feel good knowing that it was money that was going into the pockets of American workers. But since they continue to keep production in Mexico, and to raise their prices, I can't help but think that I would be getting at least a little ripped off. If I'm going to be buying an import, I'm gonna go with the cheaper alternative. It may not be as high quality as a Saddleback (which I've not seen in person), but I can't really imagine a bag being that much better than this one.
Money into the pockets of American workers is so much better than a little extra money in the pockets of a Mexican, isn't it? Those Mexicans are just too damned greedy, and obviously not nearly as good as an American. Is the American Way free trade everywhere, or just when it works out better for us? Saddleback takes pride in what they do, and they take care of their people by making sure they get paid a decent wage. Most US companies with overseas or South of the Border operations are there only for the labor differential, so making the facilities worthwhile comes at the price of maximizing that differential. I like buying a product that someone took pride in designing and making. I like buying a product that was made by people who are paid more than the minimum at which work is available, so that they can lead better lives. As an American, I can usually afford that -- um, isn't that what being an American is about? Or is it about hording for ourselves, sorry, I forget. I hope your car isn't "an import." ~H

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads