• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheated, have you, on your wife/gf/partner?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Me and the wife were talking about extramarital affairs yesterday, over booze. Good thing I was not drunk enough to say anything stupid. Our conversation led to a scenario where what if she suddenly turn obscenely obese and in turn I lose any desire to have anything to do with her, physically. She said then she might understand if I have an affair or go screwing around. I told her that I do not wish to complicate my life further by getting into an affair, and the last thing I'd willingly do is hurt her and our kid.

Then again, I have friends, family members and acquaintances that have cheated on their partners. I have in no way judged them. Their business is theirs, and my relationship has not gone to the point that would give me a good enough reason to have an affair, if there's such a thing. I was just wondering if having an affair, or even screwing around in spite of being in a relationship is so prevalent. Your thoughts?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Most people that I know have, at some point. The people who I think haven't, I haven't asked. I have not, personally, and never will. If you're sick of your SO, just dump them... though I understand it's much more difficult of a scenario when you're married because you can't exactly dump the person just because you've lost sexual interest in them.

Kopite

Reaction score
Wheres the poll?
plain.gif

Buickguy

Reaction score
There are some estimates out there that up to 80% of all marriages will be touched by infidelity. Of the cheating partners, 50% of married men say they have cheated on their wives. In the past two decades, the number of married women who cheat has risen to 40%. The article went on to say that there is some overlap with double infidelities hence the overall figure of 80%.
The really surprising thing to me is that they compared the number of marital infidelities to the number of households that will rent a video, signifying that infidelity, although disapproved of in most cultures, is a very common thing and touches many lives.

For the record, I am in the 50% of married men who have not cheated.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Have cheated on various gf's in the past, and never slept well afterwards.

Have not cheated on the mrs. In fact, one of the reasons I chose to propose was that while she was in the hospital for months, I never cracked open the old black book. Not once. That's when I knew she was special.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I guess this is the thread that the married/attached men on this forum "accidently" leave open on their computers so that the significant other happens to stumble upon it
smile.gif

BTW, in other cultures/countries what is considered cheating here in the US is not looked at the same way there. You'd be hard pressed to find a man in south/central america or in Italy from what I understand, among other countries, that has not had sex outside of their marriage.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have cheated on a long-term girlfriend once, after 18 months together. And that was the catalyst for me to break up with her. Sometimes, one needs an external event/person to be shaken out of a comfortable yet unsustainable relationship (also true for work btw)

I am not planning on ever cheating on my wife - but relationships and people evolve so I can't say for sure

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I guess this is the thread that the married/attached men on this forum "accidently" leave open on their computers so that the significant other happens to stumble upon it
smile.gif

BTW, in other cultures/countries what is considered cheating here in the US is not looked at the same way there. You'd be hard pressed to find a man in south/central america or in Italy from what I understand, among other countries, that has not had sex outside of their marriage.

I was talking with an Italian (woman) friend of mine yesterday about gun control in the US. What it finally came down to is that she said, without a doubt, if she caught her husband with another woman and there was a gun around, she would shoot him. This taught me that gun control in Italy is completely necessary and that perhaps Italian men are no longer able to get away with as much as they used to, or as much as they would like us to think they are able to. South America is a different story.

dhc905

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a very interesting forum where people chat about their EA (extramaritals), and infidelity. The idea is that everyone gets together and shares ways of not getting caught, as well as posting a justification for why they're cheating. The funny thing is, they will ban you if you ask why they don't just get a divorce (tantamount to saying that you think bespoke suits are a waste of money 'round here)
wink.gif

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Never in over 5 years with a cumulative 1 year at least 100 miles apart.

And I am 99% true the same applies in reverse.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not that I have (or will) but perhaps a more precise definition of cheating is required here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads