• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cheapest shipping for a pair of shoes in CONUS?

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always wondered what's the cheapest way to ship a pair of shoes in a box in the US. The USPS website is somewhat helpful, but not too much, and the ladies at the post office always claim that ~$15 seems to be the cheapest. Is there a cheaper way? I'm sure some of you know how. Thank you!

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
USPS Priority mailhas boxes for flat rate shipping. Prices depend on the size of the box you need.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Parcel post if you want to save 2 or 3 bucks

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do... It's a return on a pair of shoes that cost $25. I'm not even sure it's worth it sending them back.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Use the USPS calculator to get a good estimate of shipping. Most pairs of shoes shipped in their box inside a box will have a shipped weight of less than 4 pounds. Shell cordovan less than 5 pounds. Enter the zip codes into the calculator to get prices. Sometimes Parcel Post is a bit less expensive, but I rarely use it. It is not much less in this weight range and I know that when people buy a pair of shoes they want them yesterday.

$15 is well above my average shipping cost for a pair of shoes. I shipped a pair of 11.5E shell cordovans from NC to PA today (5 pounds, heavy shoes) at a cost of $9.42. Printing the postage online, the same pair of shoes would cost $17.88 Priority or $12.70 Parcel Post. That is from the coast of North Carolina to the West Coast, so you can see that this "average cost" of $15 is excessive.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami