1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cheap, stylish shoes for a college student.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dopamine, Oct 5, 2008.

1. dopamine

dopamine Senior member

2. cvac

cvac Senior member

For lasts, you'll have to call an AE store. They should be able to help you. The styles on closeout will be discontinued models that aren't on the website currently but google usually turns up a pic. For better pics of current models, check the zappos website as they have good pictures of multiple angles. Also try googling some of this stuff.

3. username79

username79 Senior member

http://www.francos.com/items/item.asp?sku5=29183 Maybe you are an 8 on the 46 last. Try them. Sleek enough to wear with jeans. Conservative enough to pull off at an interview. Less gay than those Ferragamo wingtips. On sale inside your budget.

4. dopamine

dopamine Senior member

5. aaron321

aaron321 Member

Since this thread is a top google hit I'm going to bump and add my two cents.

Sleek and cheap shoes can easily lay down a nasty looking crease in about ten days of wear. This is especially noticeable with brown shoes. I am trying to save some money as well and I went with Loake. Can't wait to buy some C&Js when I can justify it.

Bottom line: as much as the Loake lasts aren't the best of the best the overall appearance of these shoes strikes me as more stylish than AE shoes and would hold up longer than $100 corrected grain shoes.

6. MBAStudent

MBAStudent Member

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  7. aaron321

aaron321 Member

Both look very nice; not too much going on. My only complaint about your typical wingtip styling is too much going on and too many round ambiguous designs distracting from the bold acute shape. I like this one though. I look for at least one sharp angle in a shoe and not too much round bland designs taking away from it. Reminds me of my friends Halloween costume this year she was some character from the new batman movie and she had triangles under her eyes. Very Gacyesque but in a good/bold way.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015