• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheap slim straight jeans in dry/onewash?

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was planning to get some 514's in the rigid scraped or single rinse, but they don't come in the size I need (31x34).

What other affordable options are there for unfaded slim straight denim?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what's affordable, $35 like the Levi's?

Club Monaco, BDG, and Gap have some one wash/dry jeans in that price range.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Goughs are the best of these by far, but they're not slim.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
H&M Sliq Raw
Uniqlo Dress Up Denim S-001 (good luck, unless you know someone in Japan) I have pics of these ones if you want to see. I like them.
the 514 you mentioned
Ande Whalls are raw, customizeable, and a steal at $150
my mind is kinda blank, ill try to think of more unless others beat me to it.

Also while looking for Goughs I saw some 1969 (or whatever they are) Gap jeans that were probably one wash for like $10

nastyandy

Reaction score
I have a pair of never worn (still have tags) Gap rainbow selvage Morrison one wash jeans that I can sell to you for $50 shipped (assuming you are in the US) if you want them. They are slim fit 30x34, but the waist measures 16" across so they fit more like a 31-32 waist. They are slightly tapered, however.

They were the only pair left I could find at every Gap last month, and I've been debating getting them hemmed to fit me, but I have so many jeans already and I've never gotten around.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BDG - good call. I actually have two Urban Outfitters nearby, I don't know why that slipped my mind.

Basically I just want to find something decent under $50. I'm planning to eventually get a pair of AW Grifters or Acne Mic but I just want something cheap for now.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they make a straight leg? I thought they only made skinny tapered jeans...

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stopped by Gap today after work. They have a new 1969 slim straight.

It's a one wash, but they starched it from the factory in an attempt to emulate the feel of dry denim. They also pre-creased the front by the crotch, but you could probably just iron it out if you wanted.

The waist was complete ridiculous vanity sizing, a normal fit is at least one size down. (Do all Gap pants fit like that?) The inseam runs a little longer than marked as well. The rise was on the high side at 11".

For the $60 price I would rather just save up more and get something in the low $100 range from Denimbar, but if they put these on sale for $30 or so I would definitely pick up a pair.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I say get some Cheap monday..

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1969 doesn't mean anything anymore. 1969 used to be their premium line (which was generally fairly decent on sale and had a few gems) until about a year ago when they discontinued it for a relaunch with everything branded 1969 this year. If you find 1969 stuff from a while ago (on eBay or in the B&S forum), that means something. It just doesn't mean anything now.

yoyo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
I stopped by Gap today after work. They have a new 1969 slim straight.

It's a one wash, but they starched it from the factory in an attempt to emulate the feel of dry denim. They also pre-creased the front by the crotch, but you could probably just iron it out if you wanted.

The waist was complete ridiculous vanity sizing, a normal fit is at least one size down. (Do all Gap pants fit like that?) The inseam runs a little longer than marked as well. The rise was on the high side at 11".

For the $60 price I would rather just save up more and get something in the low $100 range from Denimbar, but if they put these on sale for $30 or so I would definitely pick up a pair.

i picked up a pair that sounds like these for 32$ i think a few weeks ago.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cheap Monday Is The Way To Go!!!!!!!!!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads