• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheap slim(mer) jeans

GloStiX

Reaction score
Hey all I'm looking for jeans slimmer than the Levi's 514's.

I would prefer straight legs actually, just a less bulky ass/crotch/thigh area (obesity is an epidemic!).

I never had chickenlegs and used to run cross-country so I'm probably limited on how skinny I can go compared to the fashion forward bunch, but the average "slim straight" jeans aren't skinny enough.

Bonus points if I can get them in 29x29.

rockket

Reaction score
Urban Outfitter's skinny BDG jeans. I got a pair for $10 off the sales rack the other day.

GloStiX

Reaction score
Levi's aren't slim enough in the seat.
frown.gif
I actually am not minding tapering as much, my problem is a relatively short jacket--paired with a bulge at the thighs makes me look like a pear/clown. If I can find some 511's I'll try them out EDIT: there's only 1 Uniqlo in my country and I'm far from it. Both APC's and RRL's are out of my price range. By "cheap" I didn't mean compared to Japanese denim. I meant like $30 cheap.

dopamine

Reaction score
I would think probably Uniqlo and H&M. If you can afford it, look for pairs of Diesel in either Safado or Thanaz cuts (or even gloovy, if you want ball-busting tight) on eBay. Be sure to try on a few pairs of Diesels in these cuts so you get an idea of your size before you buy, however.

Spilotro

Reaction score
I got a couple of pairs of Express "Rocco" raw straight legs last week. I feel like the quality is better than you would find on 514's (although I love 514's), and they don't seem as prone to stretching. Plus, with a coupon i had, along with their "buy one pant, get one half off" deal, I pretty much got the second pair for free.

GloStiX

Reaction score
So I went around to some stores locally to try on different brands. Of the ones mentioned, I tried on a pair of H&M Sliqs and some Levi's 511's. I could only find the 511's in +1", but I liked their fit better than the H&M's.

I'm going around to some other local malls to hopefully find some other options (still want a thinner thigh/butt area) but are there any secret places to get the cheapest 511's online?
colgate.gif

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I recently got a pair of "straight" fit jeans from american eagle at a deep discount. I might have similar issues to you, my upper legs have a lot of muscle (particularly large outer quads) and I have kind of a big ass so the slim stuff that shows up here is much too tight.

These jeans seem alright, I certainly wouldn't want to go any slimmer (I get made fun of a bit when I wear them as it is). They look good as long as I am wearing one of my trimmest cut button downs...

circa_

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spilotro
I got a couple of pairs of Express "Rocco" raw straight legs last week. I feel like the quality is better than you would find on 514's (although I love 514's), and they don't seem as prone to stretching. Plus, with a coupon i had, along with their "buy one pant, get one half off" deal, I pretty much got the second pair for free.

iuno about that. OP said his size is 29x29 - basically my size. And for me, Express jeans are pretty big. If 514 too big for this guy, no doubt the Rocco from Express will be too big. This guy, no offense, is probably on the short side - need slimmer jeans than average-height people to produce to same silhouette.

Anyway, cosign on Levi's 511 for cheap, skinny jeans. Can easily find for $30 on sale.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Naked & Famous, Naked & Famous, Naked & Famous. I know they aren't as cheap as Levi's or Cheap Monday, but the construction, features and denim quality are very, very nice for a cheaper-than-APC price point. After seeing and trying on the jeans I love the cuts and I think that they are just an amazing value.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads