• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cheap rugs?

scientific

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm looking for a cheap rug to go in a dorm room. I'm talking IKEA cheap here ~$50 but IKEA's selection is pretty meh. these look ok but hard to get motivated to trek out to IKEA for them:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00124152
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50138585

how come the rug market is full of complete trash? all i'm looking for is contemporary, maybe bright colors - at least not mud/puke colored - and cheap. instead googling for rugs returns about 100 POS with guitars and footballs on them costing 500 bucks. surely there's a chinese sweatshop out there willing to help me out?

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
a good option is to check ebay for people who sell rug segments in lots. there are a million on there. you pay like $30 including shipping. i found my bedroom and living room rugs (both native american style prints) in one lot with a bunch of crap. kept them and threw out the rest. they're great too, friends assume i spent hours searching through americana stores to find them.

turboman808

Reaction score
I was gonna say the same thing. I go thru rugs pretty fast so spending 10k on a nice persian is out of the question.

I think I paid less then $100 each for my current rugs.

Replace them in 2 years with another cheap set.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.