• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cheap RL shoes ?

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ended up taking a chance on the tan captoes and received them today. Decided to give feedback in case others were on the fence about buying.

The shoes are definitely authentic RL shoes and well built. The leather was much nicer than I expected and superior to standard AE calf. The construction is decent, although not as sturdy as the AE and Aldens I own.

Sizing wise, they are smaller in both length and width than AE's for the corresponding size. I'm a true 9E/9.5D and ended up getting the 9.5D's. Measuring them out, it is about 3/4" shorter than 9.5D Park Ave's and 1/2" slimmer, giving it a sleeker (and smaller) last.

Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase considering I paid about $80 shipped. I just wish I sized up to a 10D, although the 9.5D's fit okay (just slightly more snug than I want).

Sebastian

Reaction score
Looks legit.
I have the same kind of sole on a pair of RL shoes I own and they were bought directly at a RL store.

They are Italian made and I think are from shortly after RL took some of the production to Italy. I honestly can't tell if they are already made by Silvano Sassetti, or if they used another maker at that time. At that price they are a good deal, but they are nowhere near the English made lines in terms of quality FWIW.

doreen

Reaction score
yes it seems a good price and awesome shoes , good luck !

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads