• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheap Restaurant clothes?

cjmorris21

Reaction score
I am getting ready to take on a managerial role at my part time job and I am going to need some dress pants/shirts and shoes that are expendable. I still want to carry on the measure of style that I have but I would like to spend the least amount of money and have some clothes that I can kinda screw up. Any suggestions please?

Thanks fellas.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of restaurant?

Fine dining requires a different wardrobe then casual or bar.

And will your role require you to just on the line or behind the bar at times? That can be hell on clothes

K

cjmorris21

Reaction score
Outback Steakhouse. Nothing too fancy, just dress slacks/khakis/chinos and a button down. Occasionally I will probably like to wear a v-neck sweater too. I will be in the kitchen running some steaks every once in a while and running some drinks. Never behind the line though. Somewhere online would be nice to check out too. I would like some nice slim fitting shirts and modern fitting pants.

TheIdler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a Zara near you? That would seem to fit the bill.

DeadDJ

Reaction score
Zara, H&M, Express, Gap, Heritage 1981 (modern fit, VERY expendable). Those are all of the fast-fashion stores I can think of right now.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Banana Republic, too.

Be careful with looking "slim" on the job. While everything should fit well, you want to look authoritative. That means standing out as manager from a distance and being respected by employees and customers, some of whom might have a problem with a "young" style. Unless you are quite narrow on top, probably you should stick to regular fit pants.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
rockport shoes are very comfortable to stand around in.

finch

Reaction score
H&M, GAP, Zara, Banana Republic (Outlet), Target, Old Navy (Sometimes), Club Monaco.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You prob know this already, but I'd stick with dark colors or anything which will hide stains.

I'd be wary of too slim / contemperary / fashionable a look. Think about who the typical Outback customer is and what type of managerial look they will best respond to

K

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'd stick with cotton and machine washable--chinos/khakis will be a lot more practical than dress slacks, which i take to mean wool and other dry-clean only fabrics.

the stain-resistant stuff might be a good idea too, esp. so you can wear lighter colors.

i would start with target since their khakis are 20 bucks, not on sale, and probably as good as most 50 dollar versions. remember to try them on since the inseams are always shorter than tagged on cheap chinos.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I'll have a Bloomin Onion, thanks.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I\\'ll have a Bloomin Onion, thanks.
Wow. For just a moment there I thought I was At Home.

Those places are so authentic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads