1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cheap, modern, fashionable, raincoat too much to ask for?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Florian Gray, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Florian Gray

Florian Gray Senior member

I rarely need a raincoat, so all I'm looking for is a cheap, modern, fashionable, raincoat. If any of you have any suggestions, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Nathan

2. dusty

dusty Senior member

I got a waxed cotton blackwatch plaid duffel coat from Hickey last year (FW) and it's pretty badass. Otherwise try APC or maybe J Crew.

3. mfoucault

mfoucault Active Member

i like the american apparel one i have; it's slim and waterproof, what more does one need?

4. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

What size and budget? (ie check my sig - not really 100% waterproof though),
    also H&M has this type of thing if by cheap you mean like <$100.

5. Mr. White

Mr. White Senior member

I rarely need a raincoat, so all I'm looking for is a cheap, modern, fashionable, raincoat. If any of you have any suggestions, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Nathan

Nobody notices what you're wearing when it's raining. They're too busy ducking drops while running for the subway.

I wear a black Christian Dior raincoat with slightly oversized buttons. Full, long belt, wrist belts, polyester outer, removable wool lining. I went up one size so it would be extra loose over my thickest jackets. Goes very nicely with a black Fedora. Retro '40s look.

I get double-takes when I go through a door and remove the coat and hat to reveal a sharp black suit. The other teachers gag because they wore sweatshirts and jeans.

So the deal is that it's not what raincoat you wear -- it's what you wear under the raincoat. You could wear a yellow slicker, as long as it does the job.

6. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

REI Newcastle jacket.

7. origenesprit

origenesprit Senior member

8. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I'm thinking about making an SB trench. Maybe.

9. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

raining today, wore my MJK mac coat, was under $100 i think

10. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Ben Sherman navy blue raincoat, ~$250, wore it today.
    Hickey Blackwatch Toggle Coat as mentioned before, I took one of the many opportunities to get it at ~$300.