1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

cheap lee 101z off ebay - fake selvage?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by chrysalid, May 5, 2006.

1. swooc

swooc Senior member

woah ive never seen the 101b version...thats awesome!

So they have not shrank in size at all?

2. chrysalid

chrysalid Senior member

no, not washed them, just soaked them, can't remember the temp. if they were to shrink the the zip and black fabric that lines the waist band would get all rucked up i suppose.

the only mate i've got who wears raw commented on them, he liked them, but when i wear a belt the waist band tends to sag beneath the belt a bit, and i'm forever hoiking them up. a real shame because through the legs and batty they fit pretty nice.

shit loads of indigo came out during the soak.

i'll probably just save them in case i get fat(ter). have you found a place that sells them? i can't find the site i was talking about, i think they were going for $40 or so but i've checked a few of the ones on the forum and i can't remeber which one it was. it must have drifted off into the inter-ether.

god it's 0130, gotta go to bed.

3. denimaddict

denimaddict Senior member

I have these jeans in raw, and I washed them too soon. The thighs shrunk and they got tight around my balls haha. I'm sure if I wear them long enough they would stretch out, but I just don't have the motivation right now. I also have big thighs though.

The things that bother me about them is (as above) how the waist sags below my belt. Another belt loop in the back probably would have fixed this. Also, it took me a long time to get used to how low on my leg my wallet was. I wear them a little low though. The denim is very....plainish. There arent many vertical lines, but its kind of nice. I do like the color a lot though, its a bit more greyish than, say, nudies. Just my 2 cents. If I ever start wearing them again, i'll keep ya'll updated.

EDIT: those 101b are frekin' AWESOME. I might have to get me a pair of those....

I just noticed on their site that they reissued the red james dean jacket....i think someone posted about it a long time ago. check it: http://shop.lee.com/storefront/leeau...il.aspx?ID=444

4. swooc

swooc Senior member

The only place i know that has them online is that oak site you posted.

denimaddict was it just the thighs that shrunk, or did the waist shrunk too?

5. denimaddict

denimaddict Senior member

^ just the thighs. waist stayed the same.

6. Max

Max Senior member

To answer the original question, yes these are selvedge.