• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheap Casual Black Boots

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People on this forum are big on clark's desert boots. They're not bad.

ashenwreck

Reaction score
Why not just go for the desert boot? They look better than both of those options, IMO.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Desert boots are nice. But some people (including me) don't find them all that comfortable. There's not much in the way of support.

I dig Red Wings:

The Gentleman Traveler is a bit out of your price range, but IMO worth the extra cash. You'll get plenty of wear out of them:

7954-529368-d.jpg

http://zeta.zappos.com/product/7371512/color/72

There's also this one - which is closer in price to what you're looking for:

6219-647512-d.jpg

http://zeta.zappos.com/product/7420671/color/3

Swoop41

Reaction score
I like the desert boots, but I don't want suede. I love my beeswax desert khans.

reprehensible

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Swoop41
I'm looking for a pair of cheap (under $125) casual black boots to wear with jeans. Comfort is extremely important. I've narrowed my choices down to these:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7414618/c/72.html

or these:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7343928/c/3.html

Having trouble deciding between the two. Also open to any other suggestions.

Both strike me as pretty generic, with a certain amount of unmotivated detail. Either will provide warmth and protection to your feet without looking silly.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Yea, mine are military surplus ones. Those look pretty similar except a bit higher on the heel and without the higher tops with the straps and buckles. Not bad for sneaker/boot type things if people are into that. I dunno about the pallidum ones, but i need a ******* insole in mine.

Swoop41

Reaction score
That's the first I've seen of black leather desert boots. Those might be the ticket.

I like the canvas boots too, but I'm really looking for something leather this time around.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I first heard of the baggy boots from A Harris, and I think they're the same as the IDF ones. Surprisingly well made for canvas anything, really.

I like DBs in general, but not in black. If I were to go w/ something leather in that price range, I'd get the Allen Edmonds Taunton from eBay. Look great with jeans.

Shoes_iAEC1026164.jpg

Or perhaps something off Yoox. Use the SF affilliate link.
smile.gif

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Swoop41
That's the first I've seen of black leather desert boots. Those might be the ticket.
I was about to get those until I realized that I've been wearing too much black for the last couple of years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads