1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cheap alternative chukka boot to C&J Tetbury

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by adagio, Apr 22, 2012.

1. adagio

adagio Senior member

I need to go overseas for a business trip next week. Don't want to bring any good shoes as I will be in a hot and dusty environment. Look for a cheap pair of brown or dark beige suede Chukkas, but ideally in a slim last like C&J Tetbury ( which I already have). Because of the time factor the source needs to be in Europe ideally. Any suggestions? Thanks as always.

2. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

3. pgmetcalf

pgmetcalf Well-Known Member

4. hyt123

hyt123 Senior member

Don't get me wrong, I love Clarks desert boots as much as the next guy and wear mine 95% of the time but they're not what I would reach for first in a business environment and I don't know anyone who'd call them slim lasted.

OP, there's nothing about a "hot and dusty" environment that your C&Js can't handle unless you'll be slogging through mud, as long as you follow the usual maintenance routines. But if you must grab a "cheap" pair of relatively slim chukkas then the first thing that comes to my mind is the Loake Kempton which is available in brown suede.