1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

CHEAP Alden bluchers on Ebay

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by johnnynorman3, Jul 6, 2005.

1. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Distinguished Member

WOW. Not the most glamorous lot of shoes -- standard Alden bluchers -- but this is a superb price from a great seller. Aldens

2. marc237

marc237 Distinguished Member

Any chance an 8D could wear the 8C?

3. johnnynorman3

? That particular last isn't particularly narrow, so it couldn't hurt to try, I suppose. Even the BIN price is low enough that reselling on Ebay under the name "Alden" would likely net you a very small profit.

4. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Distinguished Member

i've bought from him before. he's good for suits and pants, okay with ties (but then, i'm always uncomfortable with the ties i buy online - i sometimes don't like the color or texture once i have them in my hands). he also hasn't put his entire inventory online - i just bought last weekend a couple of BB suede shoes (the laceup perf captoe and the tassel loafer) from him in an off-ebay transaction, and i should have them by the end of the week. might be worth it to inquire as to his stock if you can't find your size.

5. Bags

Bags Active Member

I can definitely vouch for this seller. I've bought numerous things from him.

I had seen these shoes and was actually going to ask who made them for Brooks Bros. I guess Alden is the answer?

Does these correspond to any regular Alden style number, or is it something that is Brooks-specific?

6. johnnynorman3

It's the Alden blucher on the Barrie last.

7. Internyet

Internyet Active Member

8. johnnynorman3

Definitely not the Aberdeen.

9. johnnynorman3

Just saw that Alden site. Interesting that they make that shoe on the Aberdeen. I'm almost positive that Brooks uses the Barrie, but maybe I'm wrong. They don't look like Aberdeen's though.

10. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Distinguished Member

Ok, the shoes I order arrived. they're basically as in the catalog. Nothing wrong with them that I could tell from a cursory inspection. Both are peals, made in england.