• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheaney

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the same experience that Cheaney (and Church's as well) lastsis spacious at fingers and can fit well across the vamp with only reasonable creasing.
I second that: here's a pair of Cheaney for Cole Haan I happen to wear today (cross post from WAYWRN):
20190502_140259.jpg
I bought them about 1989/90, and despite their age they still are among my best looking shoes!
Luigi.

Aleksejs

Reaction score
So, shall I assume that this moderate tight and very close fit with no bumps, is perfect?

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, shall I assume that this moderate tight and very close fit with no bumps, is perfect?
If you are referring to my shoes, I think you are right.
I have low volume feet and those shoes do wrap them snugly enough at the vamp to be comfortable enough, while not creasing. That's why I like them so much :)

Elderidge

Reaction score

Just be careful though, too tight and it could hurt on warmer days.

I have a pair that i thought was perfect, snug and barely creases. on a hot summer day with the swelling of my feet, it felt too tight and started to hurt a little. Get what is comfortable but allow a little bit of room for warmer days.

to make things that bit harder for you, loafers need to be tight enough so they dont slip off. So really, go as tight as you're willing to, but give it a tiny bit of breathing space.

Meyboom

Reaction score
Just be careful though, too tight and it could hurt on warmer days.

I have a pair that i thought was perfect, snug and barely creases. on a hot summer day with the swelling of my feet, it felt too tight and started to hurt a little. Get what is comfortable but allow a little bit of room for warmer days.

to make things that bit harder for you, loafers need to be tight enough so they dont slip off. So really, go as tight as you're willing to, but give it a tiny bit of breathing space.
Agreed, swelling is often forgotten when fitting shoes. I have shoes that fit rather loose at a certain time of the day and rather tight at another time.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have just recieved a pair of Cheaney Alfred in mocha calf, after several months of searching and pondering I decided to purchase them. I was looking for a very very dark brown shoe and people at Herrings where very helpfull.

Cheaney is a wonderfull brand, every shoe I have purchased from them has performed very well

IMG_8208.JPG
IMG_8209.JPG
IMG_8211.JPG
IMG_8213.JPG
IMG_8220.JPG

Meyboom

Reaction score
Hello, I have just recieved a pair of Cheaney Alfred in mocha calf, after several months of searching and pondering I decided to purchase them. I was looking for a very very dark brown shoe and people at Herrings where very helpfull.

Cheaney is a wonderfull brand, every shoe I have purchased from them has performed very well

View attachment 1187932 View attachment 1187933 View attachment 1187934 View attachment 1187935 View attachment 1187936 .
Very nice, a great classic shoe. I like the shape of the 125 last and the swan's neck stitch is a nice detail. I agree with you about Cheaney making very decent shoes, I own 10 pairs and all of them perform very well. Not much love for Cheaney on social media, but who cares...

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1187932 View attachment 1187933 View attachment 1187934 View attachment 1187935 View attachment 1187936 .

Those look fantastic!

Cade

Reaction score
One year old Tamar C on my favorite 12508 last.

They've only gotten more comfortable with continuous usage.
Cheaney's grained leathers are awesome.
Good water resistance with little maintenance.
These were made for a beating.
Cheers!
Cheaney Tamar C (2).JPG

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice, a great classic shoe. I like the shape of the 125 last and the swan's neck stitch is a nice detail. I agree with you about Cheaney making very decent shoes, I own 10 pairs and all of them perform very well. Not much love for Cheaney on social media, but who cares...
Indeed, Cheaney deserves more attention, every shoe I own from Cheaney is solidly built. Maybe they need an "iconic" model that can be easily associated with the brand.

Cade

Reaction score
Herring Kirkdale by Cheaney.
Last 175
Veldtschoen construction.
No complaints after a years usage.
I don't need to talk about the quality. Do I??

A more refined casual look compared to Cheaney's Ribble version.
Kirkdale.JPG

DrewMill

Reaction score

I have the same shoes! They're gorgeous!

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Herring Kirkdale by Cheaney.
Last 175
Veldtschoen construction.
No complaints after a years usage.
I don't need to talk about the quality. Do I??

A more refined casual look compared to Cheaney's Ribble version.
View attachment 1202192

Very nice! I like that leather same as used in Pennine and Cairngorm

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here have sneakers from Cheaney?

Would love to know how you like them and what size you took vs. other shoes

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads