• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheaney

Isiah Tongue

Reaction score
I was in London for Disney on Ice at the O2 Arena and saw the Cheaney sale shop.

They are on sale and the stock appears to discontinued lines, some more fashion forward and MTO models.

Prices were from £195 to £325 for discontinued Imperial range shoes.

g3org3y

Reaction score
They arrived and were to put it mildly, horrendous!

I’ve returned to the eBay seller who in turn is returning to his seller..

Cheaney confirmed they had made from old stock leather for TK Maxx as a budget shoe. The ‘leather’ was like something I’d never seen before, stiffer than corrugated iron as half as attractive!

View attachment 1083371

Look what's popped up on TK Maxx today: https://www.tkmaxx.com/men/shoes/mens-boots/brown-leather-brogue-boots/p/27253022

More of these 'leftover' boots?

g3org3y

Reaction score
Avoid like the plague!

I remember seeing them for sale last year as well. They also used the same leather for some double monks which I bought from TK. Came in a Cheaney branded box but not the proper one (and certainly no shoe bag). Quality of the leather was not very good at all, neither was the finishing (edges and stitching). Made me think these were some substandard just for TK models. It's interesting that your correspondence confirms this. (That's not to say TK don't sell proper Cheaney shoes, as I've bought at least 4 pairs from there, all the real deal) They of course were returned.

This is in contrast to Tricker's who we discussed late last year in the SW&D thread who iirc categorically stated they don't make a 'budget' range for TK Maxx.

g3org3y

Reaction score
The leather looks horrible! I remember seeing some feinnes in this leather last year and thinking it didn’t look right.

I have seen normal Cheaney on T k Maxx from time to time

Definitely. All of these were TK Maxx purchases:

20160801_223938.jpg
20160808_201929.jpg

20160805_182635.jpg

brotherender

Reaction score
They look great. I'd never seen them in mahogany before your post, only in mid-brown.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
from the Jermyn St store

97D4C3FC-44FE-4FB0-AA20-E130E8CB424F.jpeg
0BF61AB5-92B0-4377-B2E7-EF6BCD7AEABD.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads