• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheaney

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Copy-pasting from the shoe Appreciation thread.

Today I've no flabbergasting triple-soled, Norvegese-welted and smoke machine-enhanced Italian handicrafts to share. I thought these photos would merely help the man pondering about Cheaney's Jackie III model and the last's shape. They also show how Cheaney has improved its wares under the new Church's leadership. I feel the lasts are more contoured, the waists definitely shapelier and I do like this particular suede: smooth, fine nap, springs back to its shape after bending. One point of nagging, though. The welt stitches are too crude and sparse. Yes, shoe OCD is strong with this one.

Pony suede (dark brown in real life), Dainite soles, somewhat elongated toe, chukkas with rounded seams.

Cheaney_Jackie_IIIR_chukka_boots_last_125_zps3119a1a6.jpg

Cheaney_Jackie_IIIR_chukka_boots_last_125_02_zpsde018397.jpg

Cheaney_Jackie_IIIR_chukka_boots_last_125_03_zpsaebe9126.jpg

Cheaney_Jackie_IIIR_chukka_boots_last_125_04_zps425129bf.jpg

Cheaney_Jackie_IIIR_chukka_boots_last_125_05_zps9b4bf362.jpg

Cheaney_Jackie_IIIR_chukka_boots_last_125_06_zps54674d09.jpg

Cheaney_Jackie_IIIR_chukka_boots_last_125_07_zps5960230a.jpg

Cheaney_Jackie_IIIR_chukka_boots_last_125_08_zpse3027d25.jpg

Cheaney_Jackie_IIIR_chukka_boots_last_125_09_zps1441e96d.jpg

Cheaney_Jackie_IIIR_chukka_boots_last_125_10_zps287aeb45.jpg

Cheaney_Jackie_IIIR_chukka_boots_last_125_11_zps1a9e221c.jpg

Cheaney_Jackie_IIIR_chukka_boots_last_125_12_zpsa8c33e44.jpg

Cheaney_Jackie_IIIR_chukka_boots_last_125_13_zps14407c20.jpg

Cheaney_Jackie_IIIR_chukka_boots_last_125_014_zps1b1f06f2.jpg

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

We've got 3 styles in from Cheaney, including this beaut. Nice and heavy as I expect from an English boot, with commando sole for harsher weather.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Nice shoes, I owned the Avon in same leather

IMG_7833_zpsf6fabb61.jpg

Great quality in my opinion and the last / toe in person aren't so bulky as they appear in pictures.

I really like the new Harpole in Dark Leaf and I think to order them, anyone have these shoes?

img_3111_1024x650_.jpg

Last edited:

Yowzer

Reaction score
That's some really nice antique look to the DMs. What last is that?

Sashu

Reaction score
I copped a pair of black wholecut oxfords from Cheaney on ebay some time ago. I don't see where they were made on any labels because they're pretty worn inside (but not beat up, or even close-- a little Saphir and they looked brand new). They're fantastic.

Yowzer

Reaction score
Herring Churchills (made by Cheaney, 11028 last) on the grass today. More suitable for narrow feet than my wide ones.

pennzi12

Reaction score
Cheaney Pennine Country Boots on the way....I will post photos when received.

andermt

Reaction score
Partially thanks to SF I have recently become a fan of English shoes and after a few trips around the Factory shops in Northamptonshire I really like the range from Cheaney and Crockett & Jones in particular.

Cheaney seem to have a nice range of different styles and as such they are becoming my manufacturer of choice, particularly for the amount they cost.

My recent purchases from the Cheaney Factory shop

Cheaney Stafford

Cheaney Jackie III

I've been told the next 2 pairs were transferred from the London shops and are made in Italy I believe. They have apparently sold very well in the Factory shop, certainly over a couple of visits they don't seem to have them long. I know they aren't the normal SF shoes but wanted something for driving to avoid damaging good shoes as well as something lightweight for the summer.

Cheaney Chichester

Cheaney Silverstone Driving shoes.

Last edited:

onraj

Reaction score
Bought these today. Wanted to have double monks and i was bounching back and fort between these and once with "normal" leather.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads