• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheaney

Northants bloke

Reaction score
20211119_091517.jpg

My dressiest boots - Cheaney King, 130 last. One of my few pairs that I paid full price for.

leparrain7

Reaction score
Good afternoon!
What size did you choose for them? 8,5 like chukkas or 9uk? Thank you in advance!
hi,
sorry to have replied late.
no I took 9 uk, I have a bit of space especially in front but in the end it's very comfortable like that, with thick socks it's perfect.

AlexeyML

Reaction score
hi,
sorry to have replied late.
no I took 9 uk, I have a bit of space especially in front but in the end it's very comfortable like that, with thick socks it's perfect.
Thank you very much for the answer. I bought jarrow boots chromexcel black 8,5 uk which turned out to be suitable in length but narrow in width. I was able to spread them a little, but to be honest, they are not as wide in width as I would like ideally. At the same time, 9uk is a little longer than necessary. I was about to buy jarrow boots in blue waxy suede and therefore decided to ask your opinion on the size. I remember you had a similar problem with chukkas 8.5 uk. Thanks again!

leparrain7

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the answer. I bought jarrow boots chromexcel black 8,5 uk which turned out to be suitable in length but narrow in width. I was able to spread them a little, but to be honest, they are not as wide in width as I would like ideally. At the same time, 9uk is a little longer than necessary. I was about to buy jarrow boots in blue waxy suede and therefore decided to ask your opinion on the size. I remember you had a similar problem with chukkas 8.5 uk. Thanks again!
no really there is nothing ..
in reality the problem I had with the Grafouth chukka last 12508, it is at the level of the height and not the width which was good, to avoid this problem and in spite of that the Newton rock derbies are on the last 130, I did not want to take the risk and I took 9 uk.
Finally the Grafouths adapted to my feet after several ports, and the Newtons I am very well in with thick socks ?
50749C91-2904-4B13-BD29-88FAA148B2FA.jpeg
B7FAD027-8AB0-4B3C-9ED0-6847A13C7612.jpeg
6417FF69-908F-4068-8147-1AB5B922ED27.jpeg
B4DDB936-7DA9-4D0E-A4B5-EE68C1673708.jpeg

AlexeyML

Reaction score
no really there is nothing ..
in reality the problem I had with the Grafouth chukka last 12508, it is at the level of the height and not the width which was good, to avoid this problem and in spite of that the Newton rock derbies are on the last 130, I did not want to take the risk and I took 9 uk.
Finally the Grafouths adapted to my feet after several ports, and the Newtons I am very well in with thick socks ?
View attachment 1708114 View attachment 1708115 View attachment 1708116 View attachment 1708117
In my case, there is no problem with instep, but more with the width. I have already carried them around a bit, but I would like them to become a little wider. Yours look great! Newtons remained in sale in green only. Maybe next time. Because I have already bought others. Jarrow boots in blue waxy suede, 9uk. Got it yesterday. I haven't worn it yet, but I'm worried that I'll get it dirty quickly. I like the color very much ? But I really don't know how vibram vi-lite will behave on snow and ice. Dainite is very slippery on Jarrow boots.
PXL_20211122_123630151.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20211122_123648265.PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited:

leparrain7

Reaction score
In my case, there is no problem with instep, but more with the width. I have already carried them around a bit, but I would like them to become a little wider. Yours look great! Newtons remained in sale in green only. Maybe next time. Because I have already bought others. Jarrow boots in blue waxy suede, 9uk. Got it yesterday. I haven't worn it yet, but I'm worried that I'll get it dirty quickly. I like the color very much ? But I really don't know how vibram vi-lite will behave on snow and ice. Dainite is very slippery on Jarrow boots. View attachment 1708477 View attachment 1708478
nice color ??

American_Psycho11

Reaction score
Finally made up my mind and will be ordering the Hudson loafer. Site says they run TTS, but figured I'd ask here as well. Anyone have any experience with Cheaney loafers that can say anything about sizing?

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally made up my mind and will be ordering the Hudson loafer. Site says they run TTS, but figured I'd ask here as well. Anyone have any experience with Cheaney loafers that can say anything about sizing?
I own a pair of penny loafers from Cheaney, the Dorking II, built on the "200" last. As I do with most of Cheaney's lasts, I went half a size down, taking into account that my feet are slim, with a low instep and volume. This might not be your case, as every foot is a world. If you have wider feet with a high instep, I wouldn't downsize, as they might be too tight on the instep.

8d6534e4-57ef-4ba8-81ae-365957dc1795-jpeg.1564413

Last edited:

American_Psycho11

Reaction score
I own a pair of penny loafers from Cheaney, the Dorking II, built on the "200" last. As I do with most of Cheaney's lasts, I went half a size down, taking into account that my feet are slim, with a low instep and volume. This might not be your case, as every foot is a world. If you have wider feet with a high instep, I wouldn't downsize, as they might be too tight on the instep.

8d6534e4-57ef-4ba8-81ae-365957dc1795-jpeg.1564413
Thanks friend! Based on what you said and their advice on the website I went true to size. I have high arches, instead and wider toebox so I don't think half down would be a good idea

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy the following Cheaney boots from Mehra shoes:

Pennine in 8.5G, and Jarrow and Trafalgar in 8.5F.

I've been asking around so I hope they fit similarly. My 8.5eee feet with orthotics are fickle and hard to size with English lasts.

Pics to come once I receive them.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy the following Cheaney boots from Mehra shoes:

Pennine in 8.5G, and Jarrow and Trafalgar in 8.5F.

I've been asking around so I hope they fit similarly. My 8.5eee feet with orthotics are fickle and hard to size with English lasts.

Pics to come once I receive them.

Jarrow sold out. Pennine II and Trafalgars on their way. Excited to join the Cheaney family.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads