• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheaney

oldworldelegance

Reaction score
Thank you both @Luigi_M and @Nickd . I didn't know Bodileys had some Balmorals made by Cheaney. They do look nice. I guess they could eventually be resoled by Cheaney (I would ideally prefer rubber soles but could wait till after they need resoling).

Any pictures of you wearing them?

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you both @Luigi_M and @Nickd . I didn't know Bodileys had some Balmorals made by Cheaney. They do look nice. I guess they could eventually be resoled by Cheaney (I would ideally prefer rubber soles but could wait till after they need resoling).

Any pictures of you wearing them?
Funny you should ask that. After replying to your message I had to go out to run some errands, and as I haven’t worn them in a while, I put them on. I have rubber cover soles and metal toe taps so they are wearable in anything except ice and snow.

4DD342B1-9CFD-47B2-8C33-80A8D7071D8C.jpeg
E7E5E889-6EC3-49E1-B32C-0CDD746C795B.jpeg

oldworldelegance

Reaction score
Funny you should ask that. After replying to your message I had to go out to run some errands, and as I haven’t worn them in a while, I put them on. I have rubber cover soles and metal toe taps so they are wearable in anything except ice and snow.

View attachment 1565654 View attachment 1565655

They do look nice, thank you!

Good tip on adding rubber cover soles. I tend to wear boots only during autumn and winter (with the exception of unlined suede chukka boots) so leather soles would limit their usefulness.

Panama

Reaction score
I have just added two new Cheaney Oxfords to my existing rotation of Goodyear Welts:

Alfred Oxford in Mocha Last 125 from Classic collection
Beaton Oxford in Black Last 205

My current Cheaney's:

Holgate Derby in Black - Bought sometime between 2012-2015
Tay Oxford Brogue in Tan - Bought sometime between 2014-2015
Harrington Oxford in Black Last 6184 from Classic collection - 2019
One down, one to go...

20210303_132245.jpg

They are a lot darker in RL, or I have poor lighting. They fit well with chunky Corgi socks.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
x-post WAYWRN - Cheaney boots, Marcoliani socks, Paul Stuart trews . . .

IMG_5224.JPG

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
x-post WAYWRN - Cheaney jodhpurs, BB socks, New & Lingwood suit trews . . .

IMG_5236.JPG

Panama

Reaction score
I have just added two new Cheaney Oxfords to my existing rotation of Goodyear Welts:

Alfred Oxford in Mocha Last 125 from Classic collection
Beaton Oxford in Black Last 205

My current Cheaney's:

Holgate Derby in Black - Bought sometime between 2012-2015
Tay Oxford Brogue in Tan - Bought sometime between 2014-2015
Harrington Oxford in Black Last 6184 from Classic collection - 2019
The Beaton Oxford in Black on Last 205 arrived. I will give them another try tomorrow but it looks as if last 205 is too narrow for me. It's a good job I prepayed for the return.

20210307_024705.jpg

Tim Apple

Reaction score
I have two questions for those that have more experience with Cheaney (I only have one pair of loafers):

1. Does anybody own one of the Cheaney Balmoral boots (like the Brixworth or the Hanover)? If so, what are they like?
2. What is the real difference between Imperial and their main line?

I've been waiting 6 months for Cheaney to restock their Balmoral boots in my size. I dont think that they will ever appear, being silently discontinued. Such a shame for them to leave that money on the table.

oldworldelegance

Reaction score
I've been waiting 6 months for Cheaney to restock their Balmoral boots in my size. I dont think that they will ever appear, being silently discontinued. Such a shame for them to leave that money on the table.

Indeed, let's hope they do restock them.

Afaik they don't do MTO?

Meyboom

Reaction score

Afaik they don't do MTO?
They used to have the "1 of 1" service where you could create your own custom pair but I don't know if it still exists. Best is to mail Cheaney as they often have pairs in their shops that aren't available online. I have a pair of Imperial oxfords that was a shop exclusive and the Jermyn St store was very helpful in sourcing it from the Cheaney Cambridge store. But I can imagine the current situation (covid+brexit) doesn't help in offering their usual premium service...

Boggis

Reaction score

Afaik they don't do MTO?
I think they do, but it's £200 over the base cost of the model. Pretty sure it's mentioned on their FAQ under "do you do bespoke?".
I think the factory is closed atm due to COVID though so you'd be waiting regardless! I'm sure they'll come back in stock eventually, perhaps as a slightly different model.

Although is saying that I've been waiting years for the hurricane boot to come back in stock...

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Bodileys version is still available

Bodileys Westminster

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads