• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheaney

kasza

Reaction score
Here are the labels...

tgrNiY3h.jpg

kasza

Reaction score
I sent my Alfreds to Michael's Shoe Repairs Vauxhall to replace the worn leather soles with Dainite ones. Michael's did a great job and I recommend them - excellent communication, fair price and only took a week. As @Boggis said, the Dainite seems very durable but the 'studs' are hard on the feet. I wonder, will this lessen after they've worn down a bit?

Boggis

Reaction score
I sent my Alfreds to Michael's Shoe Repairs Vauxhall to replace the worn leather soles with Dainite ones. Michael's did a great job and I recommend them - excellent communication, fair price and only took a week. As @Boggis said, the Dainite seems very durable but the 'studs' are hard on the feet. I wonder, will this lessen after they've worn down a bit?

I've not yet worn a pair of Dainite down to needing them resoled, but the studs do wear down quicker than the rest of the sole.

From my experience so far I've not noticed it getting any easier on the foot, I basically just keep them in rotation with different sole types which generally avoids it from becoming painful. I once took a pair of boots in Dainite on holiday for a week as my only pair, lots of walking & standing for hours a day... by the end my feet were killing me right under where the middle forefoot stud sits! I might be an outlier here though, I think most people get on just fine with them.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've not yet worn a pair of Dainite down to needing them resoled, but the studs do wear down quicker than the rest of the sole.

From my experience so far I've not noticed it getting any easier on the foot, I basically just keep them in rotation with different sole types which generally avoids it from becoming painful. I once took a pair of boots in Dainite on holiday for a week as my only pair, lots of walking & standing for hours a day... by the end my feet were killing me right under where the middle forefoot stud sits! I might be an outlier here though, I think most people get on just fine with them.

In my case when the Dainite sole is brand new is a tad uncomfortable, I can feel the studs, but once the shoe is broken in, no issues at all. I prefer Dainite over commando or Ridgeway (I dislike the heel).

Tim Apple

Reaction score

I'm a bench chemist who stands virtually the entire day. Foot pain is what lead me to searching out higher quality shoes and this lead me to Cheaney. By pure luck, I bought two pairs of Chelsea boots with diamond rubber soles. Absolutely incredible comfort. My work day has changed dramatically for the better. I whole heartedly recommend diamond rubber soles.

kasza

Reaction score
I've got a pair of Alfreds in conker. Nice colour. I was wondering, would you use Saphir light brown (03) or medium brown (37) cream? I won't want to darken them.

a5ZsvEQm.jpg

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a pair of Alfreds in conker. Nice colour. I was wondering, would you use Saphir light brown (03) or medium brown (37) cream? I won't want to darken them.

a5ZsvEQm.jpg
In order to not darkening your very nice oxford shoes, I would go with light brown cream for nourishing and if you want to get some more shine, the same wax color. In general, if you use a lighter color, it will not change the original tone.

lexmann

Reaction score
In order to not darkening your very nice oxford shoes, I would go with light brown cream for nourishing, and if you want to get some more shine, the same wax color. In general terms, if you use a lighter color, it would not change the original tone.
Yes.

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows which European countries does Cheaney ship to?
Thank you

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads