• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheaney

RX300

Reaction score
cheaney is pretty good. My first pair in burgundy.... Oxford Brackley

Attachments

• cheaney.png
    cheaney.png
    502.8 KB · Views: 128

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've quite wide feet, taking an EEE in American fitting. Would Cheaney's wide fit shoes be sufficient for me? Or would I need their extra-wide?

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've quite wide feet, taking an EEE in American fitting. Would Cheaney's wide fit shoes be sufficient for me? Or would I need their extra-wide?
I believe that you should go to the extra-wide: even though some Cheaney lasts tend to be generous, American EEE normally would mean their wider models.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe that you should go to the extra-wide: even though some Cheaney lasts tend to be generous, American EEE normally would mean their wider models.

Thank you very much.

What about in their veldtschoen? As I am eying that one for a winter shoe and given it is a derby boot, I am thinking if I slightly size up, I could be able to wear one.

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much.

What about in their veldtschoen? As I am eying that one for a winter shoe and given it is a derby boot, I am thinking if I slightly size up, I could be able to wear one.
I own a pair of KIRKDALE Chelsea boots, made with the Veldtschoen construction for Herring by Cheaney. They are built on the 175 last, which is a classic country last with a rounded toe. As my feet are slender, with a low instep and volume, I decided to go the other way around: to downsize from 6.5 UK to 6 UK, as I knew that most "country" lasts are quite wide for my feet, which was exactly what I needed.

With the same argument, I think that you could go up half a size to the Cheaney Pennine II boots, which are made on the 4436 last and a G wide fit or the Herring Windermere, which are the same boots with different branding and a slightly lower price.

96f52fa2847f8d1f5f95de42189a4bf7.jpg

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own a pair of KIRKDALE Chelsea boots, made with the Veldtschoen construction for Herring by Cheaney. They are built on the 175 last, which is a classic country last with a rounded toe. As my feet are slender, with a low instep and volume, I decided to go the other way around: to downsize from 6.5 UK to 6 UK, as I knew that most "country" lasts are quite wide for my feet, which was exactly what I needed.

With the same argument, I think that you could go up half a size to the Cheaney Pennine II boots, which are made on the 4436 last and a G wide fit or the Herring Windermere, which are the same boots with different branding and a slightly lower price.

96f52fa2847f8d1f5f95de42189a4bf7.jpg

Ah, superb! I will definitely look into getting these, as they seem like ideal winter boots for my price and quality expectations.

Thank you.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Cheaney have any regular sales that would be a good time to pick up those boots?

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Cheaney have any regular sales that would be a good time to pick up those boots?
Yes, they have regular sales but I haven't seen the Pennine boots on the last ones. Probably next Black Friday (November 27) could be a good opportunity to get a good price with Cheaney or with another retailer.

Wrenkin

Reaction score
Yes, they have regular sales but I haven't seen the Pennine boots on the last ones. Probably next Black Friday (November 27) could be a good opportunity to get a good price with Cheaney or with another retailer.

If a G-fitting is sufficient, you could keep your eye on the the equivalent models from Herrings. They go on sale now and then.

RX300

Reaction score
For sales (which is how I got mine) go to the website and click the outlet section. You can even shop your size and gender in the outlet section just to filter all (for example) male size 9

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wouldn't have thought British retailers do black friday sales. lol.

I haven't seen any American stores that sell Cheaneys or Herrings for that matter.

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't have thought British retailers do black Friday sales. lol.

I haven't seen any American stores that sell Cheaneys or Herrings for that matter.
Black Friday sales nowadays are a worldwide event. Herring shoes is a well known British multi-brand retailer, which sells worldwide its own brand, made by different British, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian factory purveyors as well as other British brands. Both Cheaney and Herringshoes ship worldwide, as well as some other British retailers: they don't need an American store.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black Friday sales nowadays are a worldwide event. Herring shoes is a well known British multi-brand retailer, which sells worldwide its own brand, made by different British, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian factory purveyors as well as other British brands. Both Cheaney and Herringshoes ship worldwide, as well as some other British retailers: they don't need an American store.

Excellent. I had no idea about black Friday. Given that it exists because of Thanksgiving here in the US, I really thought it would be exclusively American, or at least, American and Canadian. Thank you! I will be looking for those sales.

But yes, I knew they sold worldwide, so hopefully I shall be able to buy from them. I would prefer to buy from an American seller if only because I'd avoid the international shipping rates, but still I'm prepared to do so, as either the Cheaney or Herring boot would be an amazing winter boot. I've recently moved to an area (central Illinois) which gets quite a great deal more severe winter weather than NYC.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads