• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheaney

Meyboom

Reaction score
Thank you Meyboom! I’m going to order the 6.5 E UK JL City II now.
Allen Edmonds lasts just don’t work for me. Need to upgrade...
Good luck, and do tell us how the fit of the 7000 last turns out for you. In my experience it is quite a 'forgiving' last, more so than the lasts of other high end English makers like EG, GG and FS. For people with high feet like me (high arch, high instep) Italian makers like Enzo Bonafe and Stefano Bemer work out best.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve got low arches, long toes, somewhat wide at the ball of foot and narrow-ish to normal heel width.

rakuskus

Reaction score
hows cheaney sizing? I wear 10,5uk for AS and CJ, what size should i get for cheaney125 last?

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Posted in the boots thread:

And now some suede boots in the pipeline:

Brand: Cheaney
Model: Mallory
Supplier: Herrings
Last: 12508
Colour: Maracca suede
Sole: Dainite / 270 welt / Veldtschoen

Note: The colour of this boots is great, excellent pair of boots from Cheaney, very comfortable out of the box. Cheaney is a brand that deserves more attention, their model range and manufacturing are impressive.

IMG_0901.JPG

IMG_0903.JPG

IMG_0906.JPG

IMG_0908.JPG

WSB17

Reaction score

Note: The colour of this boots is great, excellent pair of boots from Cheaney, very comfortable out of the box. Cheaney is a brand that deserves more attention, their model range and manufacturing are impressive.

IMG_0901.JPG

IMG_0903.JPG

IMG_0906.JPG

IMG_0908.JPG
Very nice. Totally agree with you, Cheaney is underrated, especially here in North America.

Just wondering, how do you find the 12508 last ?
I had to go down full size, 10UK, from my usual 11D US, for the "Jarrow" boot on the same last.
On other Cheney lasts (130, 125), I'm a 9.5UK.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice. Totally agree with you, Cheaney is underrated, especially here in North America.

Just wondering, how do you find the 12508 last ?
I had to go down full size, 10UK, from my usual 11D US, for the "Jarrow" boot on the same last.
On other Cheney lasts (130, 125), I'm a 9.5UK.

The 12508 is a tad bulbous at the front but I wouldn't size down, I usually use these boots in the weekends and I run longer distances those days so it might explain why they feel OK. regards

Last edited:

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey there, Cheaney fans. Cross-posting this from the Vintage Shoe thread. Can any of you tell me anything about these Royal Tweeds? Typically I've seen them say "Cheaney" or "Church's" or some combination of the two, but these say neither and I was wondering if that means they're from a different era or of different quality? Are they bookbinder leather?

Attachments

• RT 1.jpg
    RT 1.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 63
  • RT 2.jpg
    RT 2.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 59
  • RT 3.jpg
    RT 3.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 80
  • RT 4.jpg
    RT 4.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 104

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I understand it, prior to the buy out, Cheaney was a division of Church's primarily concerned with supplying other brands. They still supply some other brands alongside their own.

I've found a similar one on Ebay (no connection to me) with both brands https://www.ebay.com/itm/202674009576

I would guess they were still made by Cheaney.

Yes the Church family sold the Church’s and Cheaney brands to Prada and later bought Cheaney back.

I have seen shell cordovan royal tweed shoes before so they must have been relatively high end. I may have heard they were for the US market.

obc28.5

Reaction score
Yes, Royal Tweed was the shoe lineup marketed in the U.S. by Church's and made by their Cheaney subsidiary, whose role at the time was to supply private label/OEM shoes as well as supplement Church's production. The styles and lasts offered were those popular in the U.S. so you see many examples of chunky storm-welted PTB's as well as tassel loafers. Apparently Cheaney's 6184 last, developed in 1974, was specifically conceived for the U.S. market (on a similar note, Cheaney's more recent 125 last was originally developed for the Japanese market, but also has found popularity in the general world market). Cheaney also sold shoes in the U.S. outside the Royal Tweed umbrella- I have a pair of circa late 60's/early 70's three eyelet pebble grain gibson derby shoes (complete with a half midsole) made exclusively for Macy's Mens Store in NYC, To think back then you could get a pair of quality, GYW shoes at Macys, how times have changed...

Phoenician

Reaction score
Yes, Royal Tweed was the shoe lineup marketed in the U.S. by Church's and made by their Cheaney subsidiary, whose role at the time was to supply private label/OEM shoes as well as supplement Church's production. The styles and lasts offered were those popular in the U.S. so you see many examples of chunky storm-welted PTB's as well as tassel loafers. Apparently Cheaney's 6184 last, developed in 1974, was specifically conceived for the U.S. market (on a similar note, Cheaney's more recent 125 last was originally developed for the Japanese market, but also has found popularity in the general world market). Cheaney also sold shoes in the U.S. outside the Royal Tweed umbrella- I have a pair of circa late 60's/early 70's three eyelet pebble grain gibson derby shoes (complete with a half midsole) made exclusively for Macy's Mens Store in NYC, To think back then you could get a pair of quality, GYW shoes at Macys, how times have changed...
Nice info! My how times have changed indeed. Most department stores really only carry cemented sole fashion garbage with cheap leather and flimsy rubber soles. Sad

Phoenician

Reaction score

IMG_0901.JPG

IMG_0903.JPG

IMG_0906.JPG

IMG_0908.JPG
Really like those, and the fact that they’re Veld stitched is even better! Thanks for sharing those

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads