• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheaney

Meyboom

Reaction score
Since @JUAN MANUEL is going to great lenghts to promote Cheaney I'll happily join him. First pair of the week.

Brand: Cheaney
Model: Wilfred
Last: 125
Colour: dark brown suede
Sole: single leather

DSC_0170.JPG
DSC_0171.JPG

Last edited:

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find the Tenterden fits true to size, it’s officially an f (generous f) fitting.

I have the Cairngorns boot brother (name eludes..) and that’s generous by half a size I’d say, even with thicker socks. Mine was a Rannoch off Hoggs of Fife, same boot.

Yeah, I did have the Rannoch and found that nice and wide. Very comfortable boot.

I think the Cairngorm has different leather. The Rannoch is classed as zug whereas the Cairngorm isn’t. It’s a very nice looking grain with some burnish on the toe.

Meyboom

Reaction score
Cheaney of the day, day 2.

Model: Chatsworth (Imperial collection)
Last: 208
Colour: bronzed espresso

Note: these shoes were bought 5 years ago and are from the Imperial range. At that time the 208 last was exclusive to this range, nowadays it is used in the 'standard' range. I think this is one of Cheaneys best looking lasts and it offers a 'bespoke' fit, quite slim in the waist and heel and with great arch support. The leather on this pair is really good, some of the best in my collection. It is very supple and has developped only fine creasing (keep in mind that these shoes are 5 years old and have been worn a lot). The burnishing is also really well done on this pair, no chipping off etc. Some months ago Cheaney relaunched the Imperial collection on the new 15216 last which is more chiselled. Haven't seen them in the flesh yet but they do look great although it is a different aesthetic (I quite like almond shaped lasts like this 208).

DSC_0175.JPG
DSC_0176.JPG

Last edited:

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheaney of the day, day 2.

Model: Chatsworth (Imperial collection)
Last: 208
Colour: bronzed espresso

Note: these shoes were bought 5 years ago and are from the Imperial range. At that time the 208 last was exclusive to this range, nowadays it is used in the 'standard' range. I think this is one of Cheaneys best looking lasts and it offers a 'bespoke' fit, quite slim in the waist and heel and with great arch support. The leather on this pair is really good, some of the best in my collection. It is very supple and has developped only fine creasing (keep in mind that these shoes are 5 years old and have been worn a lot). The burnishing is also really well done on this pair, no chipping off etc. Some months ago Cheaney relaunched the Imperial collection on the new 15216 last which is more chiselled. Haven't seen them in the flesh yet but they do look great although it is a different aesthetic (I quite like almond shaped lasts like this 208).

View attachment 1367335 View attachment 1367338

Very nice shoes. Best regards.

Camerashy

Reaction score
Is it OK to use Saphir Renovator on burnished brown calf leather as I’m sure I read somewhere that it can remove the burnish
Thanks

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I’d not. It can strip it.

far better to use a neutral polish. Will take some
Of the burnish first time.

I use rm Williams Neutral.. it’s got a nice smell and consistency.

Meyboom

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice I have Saphir neutral polish and Cheaney mid brown wax presume they will be ok
I often use the Saphir Nappa leather balm on my shoes. This product seems to be less known and I wonder why (truth be told I only started using it after it was mistakenly sent to me when I'd ordered neutral polish!). It's a leather conditioner for delicate leathers and it doesn't contain any solvents so it does not alter the finish. Great product if you ask me.

Meyboom

Reaction score
Cheaney of the day, day 3.

Model: Scott (shearling fur lined)
Last: 12508
Colour: almond grain/maracca suede
Sole: dainite

Note: something different today, just to show that Cheaney can make many different styles.

DSC_0178.JPG
DSC_0179.JPG

Last edited:

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheaney of the day, day 3.

Model: Scott (shearling fur lined)
Last: 12508
Colour: almond grain/maracca suede
Sole: dainite

Note: something different today, just to show that Cheaney can make many different styles.

View attachment 1367803 View attachment 1367804

Nice boots, I have been tempted by a pair of these in the past. I imagine they are only bearable in pretty cold weather.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads