• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheaney

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In Peru we have recieved the news of additional 15 days of quarantine so I will be living as an astronaut for more days.

Therefore more brushing.

Brand: Shipton and Heneage
Model: Harpole
Manufacturer: Cheaney
Last: 728
Colour: Dark Leaf Calf
Sole: Leather (single)

Note: My first pair of double monks from the time of doub-monk frenzy. The colour is magnific, very comfortable. The antique bronze buckles look great.

IMG_8076.JPG
IMG_8079.JPG
IMG_8080.JPG

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentleman, don't be shy, share your shoes.

Brand: Bodileys
Model: Markham
Manufacturer: Cheaney
Sole: Leather
Last: 205
Colour: Dark Brown Burnished Calf

Note: According to Bodileys website : The double Monk Shoe is currently enjoying huge popularity with the rakish gent. A very good looking shoe, a tad slimmer that what I usually buy, great with suits or blazers. Several people have commented how they like the colour. In my pictures they look reddish due to early morning light, but they are brown.

IMG_8244.JPG
IMG_8247.JPG
IMG_8251.JPG

DrewMill

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Cheaney uses leather or leather board in their heel blocks?

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Cheaney uses leather or leather board in their heel blocks?

I don’t know for sure as I haven’t owned a pair yet but I would guess leather. Cheaney are a decent maker and I don’t see them cutting corners like this.

Someone may well correct me though

DrewMill

Reaction score
One more question for you all. I'm sure this sub is a little biased towards Cheaney, haha, but any thoughts on how Cheaney and TLB Mallorca stack up to each other regarding quality, construction, and materials.

Meyboom

Reaction score
One more question for you all. I'm sure this sub is a little biased towards Cheaney, haha, but any thoughts on how Cheaney and TLB Mallorca stack up to each other regarding quality, construction, and materials.
When it comes to quality, construction and materials I think they are very comparable. Both use leather that is of similar quality (for the uppers and soles), stitching is neat (spi for the welt is the same), finishing is clean... Honestly I don't see many differences. But of course the style is quite different, Cheaney has that typical English, slightly old-fashioned feel about them (in a good way). This is mostly due to their lasts that are more traditional looking. TLB is a typical Spanish brand with lasts that are more modern, more sculpted, similar to other Spanish brands like Carmina, Yanko etc... They also cut the welt closer and use heels that are narrower. All in all the look is quite different. It is mainly a matter of which look you like best and which lasts fit your feet best...

DrewMill

Reaction score
When it comes to quality, construction and materials I think they are very comparable. Both use leather that is of similar quality (for the uppers and soles), stitching is neat (spi for the welt is the same), finishing is clean... Honestly I don't see many differences. But of course the style is quite different, Cheaney has that typical English, slightly old-fashioned feel about them (in a good way). This is mostly due to their lasts that are more traditional looking. TLB is a typical Spanish brand with lasts that are more modern, more sculpted, similar to other Spanish brands like Carmina, Yanko etc... They also cut the welt closer and use heels that are narrower. All in all the look is quite different. It is mainly a matter of which look you like best and which lasts fit your feet best...
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

noverbeck

Reaction score
I'm searching for another boot. I have Carmina Brown Lama Leather boots and Tricker's Stows in Espresso.

I have been looking for a pebble grain and came across the Elliott R. Cheaney has it in almond and mahogany grain leather. I've seen the mahogany, but am having a difficult time finding the almond. Does anyone have any pictures of theirs?

The King Derby keeps drawing me in, though it may be a little more formal than I am looking for, and I believe the Carmina fills that need for me.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I have the Tenterden in mahogany grain and it’s lovely. The Elliot R looks a stunning boot. The almond will be quite light in real life I’d think.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Tenterden in mahogany grain and it’s lovely. The Elliot R looks a stunning boot. The almond will be quite light in real life I’d think.

I like the look of the Tenterden. I have fancied the Cairngorm shoe for a while although wonder if I can justify it when I already have 2 veldt boots.

Does anyone here know what the fit is like? I would expect it to probably be quite generous.

I think Cheaney’s grain leathers look really impressive.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I like the look of the Tenterden. I have fancied the Cairngorm shoe for a while although wonder if I can justify it when I already have 2 veldt boots.

Does anyone here know what the fit is like? I would expect it to probably be quite generous.

I think Cheaney’s grain leathers look really impressive.
I find the Tenterden fits true to size, it’s officially an f (generous f) fitting.

I have the Cairngorns boot brother (name eludes..) and that’s generous by half a size I’d say, even with thicker socks. Mine was a Rannoch off Hoggs of Fife, same boot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads