• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheaney

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheaney Elliott R in burgundy

20191227_124145.jpg
20191227_124253.jpg

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Really nice, but it seems a bit light for a burgundy. It might be just the pic though.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These arrived yesterday. Cheaney does make some beautiful shoes. These are the Brackley in olive green. They only had size 6.5 F (7.5 D in US size). I'm normally an 8 D in most American styles. In this size, they are very similar to the 1943 last that AE makes in size 8 D. The right shoe fits well, but the left shoe is a little snugger than I'd like due to less overall volume in the ball. Both shoes feel fine when I flex them when walking. The V-gap is almost closed in thi size, which surprised me. Heel to joint fit is fine. The one thing that's really difficult for me with this last is that the waist volume is huge. Had I gone up to 7 F, I'm pretty certain the waist would have been too roomy. I just think that my feet are too narrow for a lot of English lasts. I'm going to keep these since they were so cheap and see if the left shoe breaks in nicely (I think it will).

WSB17

Reaction score
The 'Jarrow' cap-toe boots in tan Chromexcel, with Dainite sole.
This is only my second wearing, and they're already breaking in nicely, and feel very comfortable.
I love Chromexcel leather so I couldn't resist grabbing these.
It will be interesting to see how the leather develops compared to my other Chromexcel shoes, AE's Higgins Mill for example.

01-jarrow.jpg
02-jarrow.jpg
03-jarrow-x.jpg

03-jarrow (2).jpg 04-jarrow.jpg 05-jarrow.jpg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
This is only my second wearing, and they're already breaking in nicely, and feel very comfortable.
It will be interesting to see how the leather develops compared to my other Chromexcel shoes, AE's Higgins Mill for example.

View attachment 1315512 View attachment 1315513 View attachment 1315514
Nice boots, I got them in waxy tundra suede. Could do with pull loops to the rear I think.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1315512 View attachment 1315513 View attachment 1315514

Nice, I have often been tempted by the chromexcel models but have managed to resist so far.

I bet they’ll age really nicely

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you mean they feel better, heavier, or just different but in a positive way?

Just different, not in a bad way. I think it's the lining and leather insole that makes them feel so different. It feels a little "slicker" than other brands. It kind of reminds me of Loake insoles, but it feels sturdier and better made. Certainly not heavy at all, as these are light weight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads