Cheaney

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rabiesinfrance, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

Guys, I need your suggestion.

These would be my first pair of Cheaney and I'm on a market for a chukka boot. I found the one I like. However, I'm worried if the fur in a combination with burgundy color look will look a bit feminine?

*My feet always feel cold during autumn/winter, so I do need a pair of a fur lined version in my collection.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014

2. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Senior member

3. JUAN MANUEL

JUAN MANUEL Senior member

Hello

I would go with the Hudson, it has a timeless look and could be used sockless. That specific shoe is in my bucket list, maybe next year. Cheaney is a formidable brand.

Best

4. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Senior member

5. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Senior member

Does anyone know if Cheaney ever has a sale?

6. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

Be patient, 27 December is your date! There are quite a few online store that retail a Cheaney and I'm sure some of them will offer the discount. I remember the Cheaney online store it self offered a sale option last year, though I don't remember when/what was available.

7. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Senior member

Just got a pair of Cheaney Twinneedle Chelsea Boots. I really like them, but am not sure about the fit, this is my first pair of Chelsea boots. I normally am a 9.5 US for almost all my shoes (sperrys without socks, I sized down to US 8.5). I got a UK 8.5 for these, but am worried they are a little too loose. They don't seem to slip much, but its hard to tell just walking around my tiny studio apartment. I am just nervous since with Chelsea Boots you cannot tighten them with laces. Any advice?

Also, worst case scenario, if I keep these and they end up being too big, is it possible to shrink them or would there be another solution?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014

8. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Chelsea boots should be snug by the instep but they're not going to feel like lace-ups due to the constructions. Comfortable should be good. If you want to fill in the gaps an insole should be fine. Nick V has a variety at his shop (VIP Shoes) and you can walk there to break in your new shoes!

9. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Senior member

Usually twice per year direct from Cheaney. Recommend following the Spitalfields and Bow Lane stores on instagram, which post very, very regularly. Josh (store manager of Spitalfields) will answer all of your questions directly on instagram, so you won't necessarily need to go rooting around trying to find information. I cannot recommend the Spitalfields store enough, so if you order, try to order from there!

10. BrooksLauren77

BrooksLauren77 Senior member

Fixed the model name for you; I prefer my chelsea boots to be snug when new.

Also, pictures please.

11. BrooksLauren77

On that note, can anyone else share their experiences with the 11028 last? Looking at the Wilson Chelsea boots Cheaney makes for Herring.

I asked this in the Herring thead, and received an answer that stated he sized down 1.5 sizes; anyone else done this?

12. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Senior member

Cheaney, by and large, runs narrow in the heel and a bit wider in the toxbox/vamp. More than any competitor I have seen of it, it uses a more pronounced combination last. If you have a long and thin foot like me where you're especially narrow at the heel, you'll be happy.

I wear the 11525, so I can't help as much on the 11028, but I do go down 1.5 sizes on the 11525 and the 205. If you're curious about how I fit on other lasts to give you an idea:

Cheaney 11525 - 11
    C&J 348 - 11.5
    G&G TG73 - 11
    AE 5 - 12.5 C
    Corthay - 13 US

13. andermt

andermt Well-Known Member

Popped into the Cheaney Factory store today as I was looking for a Winter shoe with a Commando type sole and found some interesting shoes which I ended up purchasing.

They are making a shoe for the SS15 collection for Hackett and had a few seconds in the shop. Covering a few sizes, and had some boot versions as well.

Hackett call it the Sloane Classic Brogue with the Broguing on the toe being the Hackett logo.
    http://www.hackett.com/catalog/product/view/id/173797/category/447/?color=1311

Here are a few pictures of the one I bought. Mine have the standard Cheaney labeling insole, not the Hackett ones.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014

14. BrooksLauren77

15. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

There's a sale in Cheaney UK stores, however, not so great selection of styles .. Though some Jackie Chukka's can be bought cheap as 225 GBP