• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheaney

Webbo

Reaction score
Does anyone here have sneakers from Cheaney?

Would love to know how you like them and what size you took vs. other shoes
I have a pair, took a size 10 and probably should have gone with an 11 as the width I find a little tight. I am between a 10 and 10.5 for most UK brands depending on the last. Sadly these are not available in half widths so I will probably put them up for sale. A pity as these are really nice.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage of my Cheaney Oliver II in burgundy calf and Dainite sole. Bought from Herrings (as always great people to deal with). The 125 last works great in my feet. Is nice to find out that I can still be amazed with new shoes.

IMG_9883.JPG
IMG_9886.JPG
IMG_9887.JPG
IMG_9888.JPG

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever compared the Islington with the Wilfred and the Kelmarsh models? Trying to decide between the three

Isiah Tongue

Reaction score
The Kelmarsh is on a wider last and I think is a sale model. The Wilfred and Islington are basically the same last but with a different toebox. If you have wider feet, you he Wilfred should be a better fit as the Islington toe box is narrower.

JJRADICK

Reaction score
how does cheany 125 last fit compared to Carmina Rain last?

Meyboom

Reaction score
how does cheany 125 last fit compared to Carmina Rain last?
Fit is of course a personal thing. For me 125 last has a slightly more narrow fit than Rain with the exception of the toe box that is roomier widthwise on the 125. Height of the toe box is lower on the 125 though. For those with wider feet it is recommended to take G width in the 125 last imo.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just be careful though, too tight and it could hurt on warmer days.

I have a pair that i thought was perfect, snug and barely creases. on a hot summer day with the swelling of my feet, it felt too tight and started to hurt a little. Get what is comfortable but allow a little bit of room for warmer days.

to make things that bit harder for you, loafers need to be tight enough so they dont slip off. So really, go as tight as you're willing to, but give it a tiny bit of breathing space.
I bought a wood shoe stretcher with bunion attachment because of this.

As someone with low volume feet and a wider right foot, it has worked perfectly.

I wish a narrow heel and wider front foot was more common in loafers.

JJRADICK

Reaction score
Fit is of course a personal thing. For me 125 last has a slightly more narrow fit than Rain with the exception of the toe box that is roomier widthwise on the 125. Height of the toe box is lower on the 125 though. For those with wider feet it is recommended to take G width in the 125 last imo.

I have wide feet so I usually wear Carmina Rain Last(Forest and Simpson is too narrow for me) and Carlos Santos 234 Last. So for Cheaney 125 I should take the same length and go up on width?

Meyboom

Reaction score
Ideally you should try them on but based on your information that would be my recommandation indeed.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If my brain is not letting me down, the 125 and the 11525 are the same fit with the only difference being how aggressive the chisel is. I own the 11525 but not the 125.

I find the fit long and the instep extremely high. In five years, I've probably snapped 10 pairs of laces as I try to actually lace the shoes tight enough. In full disclosure, I have a narrow foot with a low instep, so it was clearly not the right fit.

I'd be weary of going up on length as they are already quite long. Laid across some of my other shoes in the same size, the Cheaney are a good inch longer.

Skelnik

Reaction score

Meyboom

Reaction score
If my brain is not letting me down, the 125 and the 11525 are the same fit with the only difference being how aggressive the chisel is. I own the 11525 but not the 125.

I find the fit long and the instep extremely high. In five years, I've probably snapped 10 pairs of laces as I try to actually lace the shoes tight enough. In full disclosure, I have a narrow foot with a low instep, so it was clearly not the right fit.

I'd be weary of going up on length as they are already quite long. Laid across some of my other shoes in the same size, the Cheaney are a good inch longer.
I agree about the length. 125 isnt a short last. My recommandation for wider feet is to go up in width, not in length. Not sure about the extremely high instep, I think it is similar to Carmina Rain last. Definitief lower than Enzo Bonafe but in full disclosure as well, I have a rather high instep.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on such a nice pick up. They look amazing! Wow! Do you know if they offer those in shell cordovan?

As far as I know Cheaney does not offer cordovan, I checked in their website and couldn't find anything in cordovan or crup.

JJRADICK

Reaction score
I agree about the length. 125 isnt a short last. My recommandation for wider feet is to go up in width, not in length. Not sure about the extremely high instep, I think it is similar to Carmina Rain last. Definitief lower than Enzo Bonafe but in full disclosure as well, I have a rather high instep.

How does it compare to rain last in term of width? The width of rain fits me nicely.

JJRADICK

Reaction score
Wearing today, 3 year old Cheaney Victor in chestnut calf/mahogany grain on the 125 last. A sturdy longwing brogue that still looks refined imo. Very comfortable on cold winter days thanks to the double leather sole.

How doe 125 last compare to Carmina Rain last? I have several pairs of Carmina but have no experience with Cheaney.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics