• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cheaney

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Copy-pasting from the shoe Appreciation thread.

Today I've no flabbergasting triple-soled, Norvegese-welted and smoke machine-enhanced Italian handicrafts to share. I thought these photos would merely help the man pondering about Cheaney's Jackie III model and the last's shape. They also show how Cheaney has improved its wares under the new Church's leadership. I feel the lasts are more contoured, the waists definitely shapelier and I do like this particular suede: smooth, fine nap, springs back to its shape after bending. One point of nagging, though. The welt stitches are too crude and sparse. Yes, shoe OCD is strong with this one.

Pony suede (dark brown in real life), Dainite soles, somewhat elongated toe, chukkas with rounded seams.

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

We've got 3 styles in from Cheaney, including this beaut. Nice and heavy as I expect from an English boot, with commando sole for harsher weather.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Nice shoes, I owned the Avon in same leather

Great quality in my opinion and the last / toe in person aren't so bulky as they appear in pictures.

I really like the new Harpole in Dark Leaf and I think to order them, anyone have these shoes?

Last edited:

Yowzer

Reaction score
That's some really nice antique look to the DMs. What last is that?

Sashu

Reaction score
I copped a pair of black wholecut oxfords from Cheaney on ebay some time ago. I don't see where they were made on any labels because they're pretty worn inside (but not beat up, or even close-- a little Saphir and they looked brand new). They're fantastic.

Yowzer

Reaction score
Herring Churchills (made by Cheaney, 11028 last) on the grass today. More suitable for narrow feet than my wide ones.

pennzi12

Reaction score
Cheaney Pennine Country Boots on the way....I will post photos when received.

andermt

Reaction score
Partially thanks to SF I have recently become a fan of English shoes and after a few trips around the Factory shops in Northamptonshire I really like the range from Cheaney and Crockett & Jones in particular.

Cheaney seem to have a nice range of different styles and as such they are becoming my manufacturer of choice, particularly for the amount they cost.

My recent purchases from the Cheaney Factory shop

Cheaney Stafford

Cheaney Jackie III

I've been told the next 2 pairs were transferred from the London shops and are made in Italy I believe. They have apparently sold very well in the Factory shop, certainly over a couple of visits they don't seem to have them long. I know they aren't the normal SF shoes but wanted something for driving to avoid damaging good shoes as well as something lightweight for the summer.

Cheaney Chichester

Cheaney Silverstone Driving shoes.

Last edited:

onraj

Reaction score
Bought these today. Wanted to have double monks and i was bounching back and fort between these and once with "normal" leather.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.