• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheaney

Odradek

Reaction score
Does anyone have Cheaney Tiverton Double Monks, and if so, how do you like them ?

Any photos of them being worn ?

Thanks.

RKILLY67

Reaction score
Jackie iii r chukkas out today, love the pebble grain on them though I do wonder with the creases they perhaps don't suit my high instep, but comfy none the less
DSC_0496.JPG
DSC_0497.JPG

Elderidge

Reaction score
Does anyone have Cheaney Tiverton Double Monks, and if so, how do you like them ?

Thanks.

My favourite pair of cheaneys. They fit great and i like how they're a plain toe. 205 is elongated and it's a love or hate it kind of last.

Nat Jag

Reaction score

Thanks.
I tried these on in the store as I wanted to see how the last fit, I was buying a pair of chelsea boots made on the same last (by Cheaney for Bodileys). They fit like a glove which convinced me to buy the chelsea boots. I wasn't in the market for the DMs. They will be top of my list when I am. One note, I'm usually a 7.5uk, in that last and a few other cheaney's I seem to be a 7UK.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello there, I wonder if anyone has experience with the Brackley Oxfords, I am looking for a pair of dark brown oxfords and it seams that this might be suitable but I don't have any experience with the 225 last, I own Cheaney shoes in 125 and 175 last and also Loake in Capital last and AS in 109 all in 10.5UK F. Any help will be wellcome.

smc558

Reaction score
Just ordered a pair of Cheaney Cambridge in dark leaf. Can someone please advise which Saphir shoe cream I should use on these?

Nat Jag

Reaction score
Just ordered a pair of Cheaney Cambridge in dark leaf. Can someone please advise which Saphir shoe cream I should use on these?
Congratulations on your purchase.

I use light brown, and medium brown wax on mine. Medium brown (and black) on the toes to darken slightly. I would suggest the light brown cream. I have medium brown cream for other shoes, which I think would be too dark. I just use the general renovator cream on my dark leaf cheaney shoes, plus the wax as mentioned. Although, the sapphire universal leather balm would be quite suitable

Elderidge

Reaction score

Cognac. I use both cream and wax for the 2 pairs in dark leaf.

also depends on the batch of leather you get. perfect match on my Tivertons and slightly more red than my Cambridge (which looked a little pale to begin with....)

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you gents. Sadly I fear these are bound to be returned - the last fits well but there's an enormous gap between the facings once the boots are laced up and on the feet. Maybe I'm being too picky?

Last edited:

ndrew

Reaction score
Bought a pair of Cheaneys recently that have a blue dot on the inside of the tongue:

upload_2018-7-8_9-46-49.png

Have also noticed that the leather doesn't sit quite right at the bottom of the vamp:

upload_2018-7-8_9-47-8.png

That patch of leather remains raised, even when laced up tightly. These were bought online (from a reputable shop) however not sure if the blue dot and imperfection (in my eyes at least) indicates that these are perhaps a seconds/sample?

Appreciate any input or advice. :)

Kiwijohn

Reaction score
Hi,
can anyone comment on the 12508 last, is it true to size?. There are a few nice looking shoes in the cheaney sale in this last, thanks.

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought a pair of Cheaneys recently that have a blue dot on the inside of the tongue:

View attachment 1001224

Have also noticed that the leather doesn't sit quite right at the bottom of the vamp:

View attachment 1001225

That patch of leather remains raised, even when laced up tightly. These were bought online (from a reputable shop) however not sure if the blue dot and imperfection (in my eyes at least) indicates that these are perhaps a seconds/sample?

Appreciate any input or advice. :)

I had to return mine so I can't double-check, but I'm almost certain my Cheaneys (firsts, bought directly from manufacturer) had the blue dot inside the tongue also. Normally seconds are much more extensively marked to prevent unscrupulous buyers from returning them to stores for refunds or reselling them as firsts. You'll often see a hole punched in the uppers or 'SUBS' or 'SECONDS' stamped on the sole or lining.

That said, the bulge near the laces would drive me nuts. I'd return and expect the retailer to cover the shipping costs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads