• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheaney

Carl1955

Reaction score
I find Cheaney shoes quite ugly, but durable. This is subjective, ofc.

Had the couple of styles in the past including the boots and they were a great value when bought as rejects or samples.

Not sure if I would buy any current style at the full retails price, as the Crockett Jones can be bought for the very same or similar amount that looks far more pleasing.

I’d agree with your comments. I found the Cheaney lasts quite “blocky” too. The CJ lasts seemed more elegant to my eye.

I wouldn’t pay full retail for Cheaney but on sale for c€250 they’re a good deal.

On forums opinions vary, everyone one has a right to their personal preferences, to each his own
Personally I quite like the quality,style & feel of the majority of Cheaney shoes & boots, I purchased mine not long after this model was released and as a result paid full retail at which time was £350
Money well spent in my opinion, I have paid more for other brands such as Vass but to be honest I'm as happy with my Cheaneys as any other make and far superior to my two pair of Loake 1880.

065.JPG
076.JPG

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheaney hit the sweetest spot for price/quality in bench shoes. Masculine, durable and mostly stylish imo. The ‘Humber’ of shoes.
Particularly good at stomping gunboats. C&J and EG are a little more refined, but u pay for that.

Northants bloke

Reaction score
Today's shoes. Cheaney on their 11028 city last. They are very similar to Lime Street. They have had 18 months of regular use, a little scratched and overdue a polish at the moment. I still think they are excellent shoes. Comfortable and IMHO pretty stylish. No?
20171115_163833.jpg

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cheaney Spectators 1.jpg

A recent purchase and nothing but compliments since.

They featured in a recent Thomas Farthing advert as well.

Northants bloke

Reaction score
Thanks Isiah. These were from the factory shop last year. I live near Northampton. I wear them around once a week. The soles were labelled Foster & Son and model inside was Britten. Having said that they look the same as their current retail model, Regent. In the shop they were described as 'pony suede ' but I am not sure if that refers to just the colour or the animal too. My wife has bought me some plain chukkas in the same material for Christmas. Lucky chap.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very nice shoes indeed. My wife would like me to wear these but I think they are too attention grabbing for my use. What sort of outfit will you dress them with?
Wear them with a dark navy blue linen suit or with taupe pants and navy blazer

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the Cheaney Veldtschoen boot. I have a pair they made for Marks and Spencer ‘Best of British’ range. It is a lovely winter boot. No agricultural brogueing, no ski hooks. Nine holes - so a bit of a chore to put on, but I cannot think of a nicer stout, bad-weather boot.

I also have Veldtschoen shoes in Zug leather, which I think are made by Cheaney for a country clothing store brand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads