• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheaney

Meyboom

Reaction score
Shoe purists will tell you these two can't be compared because the Cheaneys are Goodyear welted and the Vass handwelted. But since I am not one of them, I think they are -apart from the construction method- very comparable. Both are beautifully made with neat finishing and great attention to detail. The Vass don't have the fiddleback waist but that is more of a cosmetic thing. Both use some of the best leather I have experienced. The museum calf on the Vass (from the tannerie originally used by John Lobb) is something very special though. It is very subtle and has great depth, it has to be seen in real life. The back and the heel of the Vass are a bit more sculpted which I like. Price wise they are very similar as well, of course Cheaneys are readily available while Vass is a bit of a different experience :)

Northants bloke

Reaction score
I'm usually size 8.5 but sized up to 9 for these. Not worn in yet but fairly comfortable.

Meyboom

Reaction score
So your usual size would have been too snug fitting ?

Meyboom

Reaction score
Today, one of my most worn pairs, Cheaney Liverpool in mahogany. After three years still going strong and I love how the leather has a patina built up over time...

DSC_0090.JPG

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cloggs has a few styles on sale. Note, however, that they do not deduct VAT.

Northants bloke

Reaction score
(X post)
Cheaney Sidney from Cheaney's summer sale at the factory. I bought a brown pair too and some whole cuts. My wife insisted I buy these blue ones.
20170618_132809-jpg.799485

20170618_132750-jpg.799486

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads